deleting unwanted automation in FL

bobsmitt

sometimes when i'm using FL Studio i accidentally will leave the record button on so when i'm messing with stuff and muting **** it gets recorded in. i tried to change it to 100% but then if i want to mute something it won't. how do i delete the automation in FL, i don't want to have it changing the volume and preventing me from muting.

delete the track that has the unwanted automation and re-record it, or cut and paste your notes (not the automation obviously)on a new track. If its recorded to the main automation track just delete that track and name another track main automation and use it in its place.

Sqito said:
Undo might be a good bet.
if only i had realized it happened after doing a bunch of other stuff without realizing it.

thx for the help alabaster. it really bothers me how there's no way to remove it becus it's a pain.

Last edited:
bobsmitt said:
if only i had realized it happened after doing a bunch of other stuff without realizing it.
Ctrl-Alt-Z. With that you can undo multiple actions you did through time.
Increasing the undosteps in 'Options-> General' and enabling 'undo knob tweaks' could be of good help too. ;)

btw: all recorded automation is listed in the browser under 'current project-> automation'

Last edited:
yea that happens to me to the way i do it is you right click on the knob or mute button thats automated and click on "edit events" then it takes u to the piano roll for the automation of that button or knob. here u just go to the options of the piano roll go to "edit" then "delete all" then you should be kool

West los said:
yea that happens to me to the way i do it is you right click on the knob or mute button thats automated and click on "edit events" then it takes u to the piano roll for the automation of that button or knob. here u just go to the options of the piano roll go to "edit" then "delete all" then you should be kool

good info here. thats right, r-click edit events-select all-delete. That used to happed to me allot too.

Back