Cubase Production VST Recommendations Needed!

T

TekDaKidd

Im curious to know what are the best vst plugins to get to make rap/hip hop beats. I need some that will work with my cubase 4 because I wish to eliminate the use of all other programs and produce, record, then mix and master all in the same program. Feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

There are thousands upon thousands of plugins out there so my advice would be to try as many demos as possible and grab all the hundreds of free plugins out there till you find some with sounds you like.

KVR audio's website has a huge amount of detailed reviews and a massive database of free plugins, and is a nice place to start.
http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php

Some i personaly like are REfx Vanguard, Rob Papen/Linplug's Albino, NI Pro 53, but there are thousands so evryone will have their favorites.

Perhaps you could look into a software sampler such as NI Kontakt 3, Steinberg Hypersonic, IK Sampletank etc. These provide a library of sampled instruments and drum kits all in one vst, with pretty much evry sound you will need to produce music of any kind. This might be the all in one solution you are looking for, as modules like Kontakt 3 offer modulation and effects in the box giving you huge control over your sounds, and you can open several instruments at once in one instance of Kontakt, and then route them to seperate channels in cubase.

thanks fellas i checked out hypersonic 2 its the ish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back