Cubase 5 wtf!?

EngeniusBeatz

ok so i have the m audio fast trak pro. i use cubase 5 on mac book pro os 10.6 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo processor. 4gb of ram. but the problem is cubase has bad audio dropouts like when changin sounds while the track is playing. it also crashes every now and then its really gettin irritating i emailed steinberg they said it mite be an interface problem i was thinkin on gettin new one review of the pro fire 610? or a solution i changed the buffer size nothin...

They always say that just so they dont' have to fix the problem. And it's not only them. I haven't used Sonar yet but I'm hoping their support will be more helpful than past support with Steinberg and Cubase.

Have you tried to optimise your mac for audio production? This includes latest drivers, only running essential sw (no web browsers, etc), disabling network activity and other background tasks that are not needed.

Before bad-mouthing tech-support make sure you have done everything you can to minimise errors on your side of the equation - I am talking as a computer tech, not as steinberg stooge.

savemybutt.com has a bunch of ideas for optimising machines for video production which is far more stringent than just audio, so if you follow thier advice and you still have problems, then you will at least have a leg to stand on when you hassle tech support.

Back