Crackling sound in exported WAV but not in FL Studio

gsingh3888

I need help because I'm losing my mind with an issue. I saved a 1-bar bass line loop from FL Studio to both MP3 and WAV. It sounds perfectly fine when I play it in FL Studio but after exporting it and playing, theres a crackling sound right at the end when it loops over. I can play the loop over and over in FL Studio and it sounds just fine but once the file is exported I hear a crackling sound just at the end like some sort of static.

This is the bass loop and as you can tell you'll hear a crackling sound at the end right before it loops over: bassss

Please help!!!

EDIT: The only plugin used is an EQ to cut out 30hz and below and mid-high end. It doesnt make a difference whether I turn the EQ on or off. I still get the crackle after exporting.

EDIT 2: If I loop the bar over then it doesnt have the crackle at the end of each bar as it goes from one bar to the next but it STILL has the crackle at the END of the last bar, wtf?!

Last edited:
I can’t download the sample to my iPad (and won’t download it to my computer).

Is it actually a “crackle” or a “click?” If it’s a “click,” there’s a pretty simple answer...

GJ

Last edited:
“I want... 10 Million Dollars; a year... For the rest of my life...”

OR!

Why don’t I just tell you for free?

That is what I’d call a “click,” not a “crackle.” And it has to do with where you are setting your edit points. Before you chop or loop, zoom-in on the waveform at the pixel level. Make sure your cuts are on or as close as possible to the “zero crossing” (the line down the center of your waveform). If you cut somewhere else, it may seem like a good edit, but you will leave a little bit of waveform in either compression or rarefraction (above or below the line), and your computer is trying to make sense of it, but since it’s only a few pixels, you get “CLICK.” Eliminate that, and you will eliminate the click.

GJ

Last edited:
So what I did was add the .wav file back into FL Studio at the same tempo. I noticed it doesnt perfectly fit back into 1 bar. It's slightly longer. I trimmed off the excess then played it back and it fit into 1 bar when I looped it. But AGAIN, when I save THIS version and export it to .wav it also has the click at the end.

I'll take a screenshot of how it extends over I to the 2nd bar a little bit.

“I want... 10 Million Dollars; a year... For the rest of my life...”

OR!

Why don’t I just tell you for free?

That is what I’d call a “click,” not a “crackle.” And it has to do with where you are setting your edit points. Before you chop or loop, zoom-in on the waveform at the pixel level. Make sure your cuts are on or as close as possible to the “zero crossing” (the line down the center of your waveform). If you cut somewhere else, it may seem like a good edit, but you will leave a little bit of waveform in either compression or rarefraction (above or below the line), and your computer is trying to make sense of it, but since it’s only a few pixels, you get “CLICK.” Eliminate that, and you will eliminate the click.

GJ

If you could walk me through this I would really appreciate it. I'll send a screenshot of my stuff in FL Studio and maybe you can explain it to me using that.

Watch these instead:

YouTube

YouTube

GJ

I tried that and it doesnt work. When I chop samples to make beats I usually cut it up at the zero crossing anyway. So what I did was I added an extra bar of silence at the end of the bass loop and saved it. When I add the .wav back into FL Studio at the same tempo, there is some audio/waveform extending into the 2nd bar which shouldnt be there. Even if I cut it off after the 1st bar right down to the zero crossing I STILL get a click when looping it back. Images are attached.

Attachments

• loopimage1.jpg
    loopimage1.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 19
  • loopimage2.jpg
    loopimage2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 22
Do which part from scratch? I'm so confused because I zoomed all the way and cut the loop at the zero crossing and I still get the click.

Hmm. I’m not sure what to tell you then. The pix you posted are not at pixel level. Are you sure you made the cut at pixel level at the zero crossing?

GJ

PS— “From scratch” meaning to do the entire edit from the beginning, starting fresh with a new copy of the sample...

Back