corrupted files in fl 7 xxl

PAJOKIJR

me and my boy were just workin on a beat for about 3 hours, hottest **** we ever made..i saved regularly and everything was goin great.then right b4 we got the bassline recorded i went to save, and it didnt work.so i closed out fl, and restarted it thinkin that would help.when i went to go open the project it said that the file could not open, it was possibly corrupted, and it could be due to a plugin.is there anyway to retrieve this?its killing me, and i really need this track back.any help would be appreciated..thanks

Contact FL tech support. They have a service for registered customers to recover corrupted files. You are probably going to lose some of the data, but most of the work will still be intact.

Last edited by a moderator:
happens sometimes, it sucks. I save a new flp ever few minutes I'm making a track, and a couple just before closing in case one is corrupted I refer to the other ones, sometimes losing progress I made on the most recent. I tried their tool to restore the flp but I don't know if it's ever worked for anyone. One thing that worked for me was to open the project and even though it is corrupted and won't play, you can still see what sounds you used and the midi data/notes. Then open a second FL and copy them across.

7 is many bugs. i reccomend to use at the moment...i went back to 6 and unistalled my same deal happened to me, but my Adminstrator FOLDER in windows got corrupt.

Pissed me the fuk off, luckily windows backed it up as adminstrator.bak.

I had more bugs with 6 especially latency related. 7 annoyed me, so I still use 5. Been okay for me. Seems like they cause more bugs while fixing other bugs or unecessarily change the look when you are used to it already.

MadScience said:
I tried their tool to restore the flp but I don't know if it's ever worked for anyone. One thing that worked for me was to open the project and even though it is corrupted and won't play, you can still see what sounds you used and the midi data/notes. Then open a second FL and copy them across.
i wish this was the case, but unfortunately it wont open it at all, the notice just comes up and thats it.what tool are you talking about?

as far as calling tech support, i got a new computer from my cuzin wit fl7 already on it, and he doesnt have the registration i.d.is there a way i can look it up in the program?

i appreciate all ur feedback.im going to try different things and see if i can fix it.thanks guys

Last edited:
you have to go to their site and ask them about it there, but it's been discussed before, they have a tool that's supposed to restore the flp, but I've never seen it work and they have no resolution when other users have the problem you're having.

PAJOKIJR said:
me and my boy were just workin on a beat for about 3 hours, hottest **** we ever made..i saved regularly and everything was goin great.then right b4 we got the bassline recorded i went to save, and it didnt work.so i closed out fl, and restarted it thinkin that would help.when i went to go open the project it said that the file could not open, it was possibly corrupted, and it could be due to a plugin.is there anyway to retrieve this?its killing me, and i really need this track back.any help would be appreciated..thanks
Like MadSci said, you should be able to in most cases, open it, to recall what sounds you used, and the MIDI notes in Piano Roll.

I feel you in losing something hot that you were into. Some advice for the future, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-N, it saves a new "version" of the file everytime you press it, like for example, if you are going to try something experimental and do not want it to possibly save with what you are currently working on.

Last edited:
1.) If you dont have any registration numbers or antything the folks at FL will prob not help you cuz you didnt buy it someone else did. The owner may have to contact them. Even if that happens theres pretty much no way to get it back.
2.) I suggest you start a new project and load your plugins to possibly see which one is causing the problem cuz it will happen again. Its happened to me, i had to uninstall the messed up plugin. And to this day i alway make sure i have at least 2 saves PLUS export your project bones---very important---because even if you cant load the flp anymore, you still have everything you did all nice and oganized from what samples you used to what you put in each piano roll. If you dont know about that send me a P.M. ill walk you through it.Trust me we all come to this crappy time of loosing our work but just take steps to not let it happen again.
GOOD LUCK​

Last edited:
For reasonz like this is why I got myself 2 external hard drives and I back my projects up not once but 3 times ( on the 2 external hdd and on the computer itself ) it may sound like I am wasting time or exagerating some but after you put in some hourz of work and come up wit some blaze **** it really hurtz to looze it! I sympathize for ya homie I know da feelin!

check the trash bin feature for the last save n see if u can restore your last save. u should stick with FL6 for a while, i installed part 7 and went back to 6. had too many problems with it..
if needs be, put your fl7 plugins into part 6 and they will work

Last edited:
has anyone noticed that fruity slicer isnt as good as it was in 6 its like its actually gotten worse maybe they want us to move over to edison

PAJOKIJR said:
i wish this was the case, but unfortunately it wont open it at all, the notice just comes up and thats it.what tool are you talking about?

as far as calling tech support, i got a new computer from my cuzin wit fl7 already on it, and he doesnt have the registration i.d.is there a way i can look it up in the program?

i appreciate all ur feedback.im going to try different things and see if i can fix it.thanks guys
If you haven't already opened and saved a new project, in your FL Studio Folder check the "Trash Can" folder. it usually has a flp called "backup" of the last file you created. Updating to 7.0.2 get's rid of alot of these FL7 bugs also.

Tsk, tsk, tsk ... save all your files as "ZIPS" and stop depending on .flp files. Work from 'zip' files and this will not happen.

peace

i appreciate all ur input...when i get home later im going to try all the things you guys suggested.im also gonna call my cousin and see if he can get ahold of imageline.thank you again.

Fam Nice said:
Tsk, tsk, tsk ... save all your files as "ZIPS" and stop depending on .flp files. Work from 'zip' files and this will not happen.

peace

Exactly. I just found out about this, definately a great feature. It puts all of your sounds into one file so you can load the song on any computer with fl.

Never gave much thought to it, but it seems they ZIPs can hold all the same information as the FLP files can; I just did a test real quick.

Any noticeable benefits other than a lower "file corrupt" percent?

Notable said:
Never gave much thought to it, but it seems they ZIPs can hold all the same information as the FLP files can; I just did a test real quick.

Any noticeable benefits other than a lower "file corrupt" percent?

No, just the fact that with the zip you can load up the song on any computer, so if you use alot of samples that are only on your computer, they get put in the zip for easy transportation, just put the files on a flash drive or something.

Only thing is if you used alot of non-fl vstis, those wont transfer of course.

dee2good said:
No, just the fact that with the zip you can load up the song on any computer, so if you use alot of samples that are only on your computer, they get put in the zip for easy transportation, just put the files on a flash drive or something.

Only thing is if you used alot of non-fl vstis, those wont transfer of course.

Ah ok, then you could just render (track) out the pattern of the VSTi to a WAV and you're good to go, thanks for the tip.

Notable said:
Ah ok, then you could just render (track) out the pattern of the VSTi to a WAV and you're good to go, thanks for the tip.

That right there is a great addition to the "zip" way of doing things. I was trying to figure out how I could transfer my ish without having to carry around a bunch of plugins on my usb..lol never even thought of rendering the wav file that the plug is on.

After years of mixing things I'm beginning to realize that the plugs in FL are as good as the more expensive ones ... especially the compressor. I'm trying to get away from the waves bundle but I love he renaissance and SSL bundles so much that will be difficult .. but good addition. Doing it this way will assure that your beats will always have the same sounds and feel as long as FL is installed.

peace!

Back