Changing a single note velocity in Reason 3.0

Ninjazz

Whenever I have a chord or notes that are played close together by one instrument I can't seem to isolate the one note in the velocity section to raise or lower it. When I grab the pencil tool and try and raise the single note away from the others I end up raising al the notes together. I thought maybe highlighting the note would help but it doesn't. I'm sure there is a right way to do this.

Any help appreciated.

Ninjazz said:
Whenever I have a chord or notes that are played close together by one instrument I can't seem to isolate the one note in the velocity section to raise or lower it. When I grab the pencil tool and try and raise the single note away from the others I end up raising al the notes together. I thought maybe highlighting the note would help but it doesn't. I'm sure there is a right way to do this.

Any help appreciated.

highlight the note in the squencer, now dont grab the pencil or the line tool and chang it.

right click on the note and change it from there.

With the line tool or Pencil.If you have more than one note stacked with multiple instruments.Select the note you want to edit and hold down the shift key on pc keyboard and edit the velocity for that one instrument without changing all the velocity notes that are stacked.

Back