changing pitch in Slicex Help

S

soccerboy

is there anyway to change the pitch, without changing the speed of the sample in slicex? like how u used to be able to change the pitch knob beside the time muliplication knob, in the channel settings.

anyway to do that with slicex loaded?

Slicex basically is Edison with the ability to simultaneously trigger slices loaded in a lot of ways.
Edison has the same (actually even more) pitchshifting/timestretching functions regular sampler channels have.
Search the manual for Drumloop stretcher

Also, open slicex and hit F1 to go directly to the help page for slicex, it'll tell you all about it, what all the knobs do and how to use them.
LevLove

i did. all it said was the master pitch, but the master pitch also changes the speed of each chop. i just want to change the pitch, not the speed.

like, suppose i were to make a chop in audition and bring it over and import it into its own channel. i could then click the channel settings and change the pitch knob, which would increase the pitch, but keep the speed the same.

i dont know how to do that with my sample in slice x.

My bad if i lead you astray, i learned how to freq the modules in FL by hittin F1, it is normally pretty good at giving a thorough discription of the modules and all the knobs and functions and stuff. I haven't had a chance to dig into slicex yet, so i can't tell you how to do it off hand. I'mma find the manual and read up on it now cause i'm curious.
LevLove

oh alright thx. il try it out.

it still changes the speed of the slice also.

Last edited by a moderator:
soccerboy said:
it still changes the speed of the slice also.
Sorry, my bad. You need to rightclick the stretcher button for the real pitchshifter. Leftclick is for the grain stretching thingie.
Make sure to select 'Pro transient' or 'Pro default' as stretching/pitchshing method.

k so i have a chopped loop that i cut from edison with vocals. i went into the channel settings and changed the pitch to 800 (near time multiplication)

i want my other loop thats chopped in slicex to match the pitch, but the pitch settings in slicex are different. it doesnt even go up to 800.

In neither Edison nor Slicex the time multiplication knob goes up to 800% (400% max). But that's not the right knob for changing pitch anyway - that one is for time stretching. The combination of pitch coarse, fine & mul(tiplicator) are the ones you're looking for.
(Don't forget to set the method to anything else than resample ['Pro transient' will do the trick])

Last edited:
ohh i think i didnt state it clear enough lol. i didnt change the pitch in edison. i cut a sample from edison, and dragged it into the step sequencer, and then from there i went in the channel settings, and changed the pitch to 800.

the channel settings' pitch knob scale is in cents while 'pitch coarse' in Edison is in semitones. 800 cents = 8 semitones

oh alright...thx lol i didnt know that.

how come when i change the pitch in edison, it speeds the sample up? but when i change the pitch in the channel settings (the 1 with the cents) it doesnt speed, it up , it just increases the pitch?

Last edited by a moderator:
you are either a) using the drumloop stretcher instead of the timestretcher/pitchshifter, or b) using 'resample' as stretch/pitchshift method.

k i use the timestretch method, and i change it from resample, and now the sample has some really high high pitched sound. like an out of tune violin. like REALLLYYYY high pitched, that i cant even hear the sound.

Back