Can you split channels from the FPC in FL Studio?

pppppppp

I am considering getting a pad controller (probably the MPD24) to use in conjuction with the FPC in FL. but the question is can I seperate each track into it's on pattern once I record on the FPC. Similar to the split channel fuction on FL in the song mode? I know hardware units like the MV can, but can FL bc I dont wanna buy the mpd if I cant seperately have all the samples in their own section to add effects too. Please Help!

c'mon I mean I just basically need a yes (and how) or a no. I've been sitting here waiting and I KNOW someone knows the answer. I dont mean to sound rude I'm just on a time limit so please if anyone can answer me it would really help alot.

Last edited:
You can't "separate each track to it's own pattern", as you say. But you can route each pad from the FPC to it's own mixer track where you can effect it and mix separately.

actually, I just upgraded from FL Studio 6 to 7 and I noticed that the new version's FPC has lost its internal mixer! I don't know why they would do that ... I even tried to replace the FPC program files from the previous version into the corresponding FL Studio 7 folder but it didn't work

I realize this is old so forgive me for bringing it back up. But since the question wasn't effectively answered and I was searching I figure maybe someone else could benefit from this.

Messing around a little bit more I found this (which is also true in slicex and possibly other plugins)
At the top right of FPC where you see the line {Midi Note | Cut -- |Cut By -- | Output ---} just click and drag up or down on the output.
Whatever number you drag it to is how many away from the FPC's own mixer track it will be. If you don't have the FPC routed then the number will represent the exact track.

SO:
Set up your FPC
Click on pads. Kick/Clap/Hat/Etc.
Change output to 1/2/3/Etc.
They will be routed on Tracks 1/2/3 respectively.

As mentioned above it can also work in reverse. With negative output numbers. Probably only useful if you routed the FPC first. For example route it to track 10 and do outputs of negative 1/2/3 and your Kick/Clap/Hat/ will be on tracks 9/8/7 respectively.

Last edited:
Back