Bye Bye FL

I

IntroProd

Well I've moved on from FL Studio :(. Its not doin it for me anymore sadly. But I like reason except that I HATE SEQUENCING AND MIXING in Reason. Idk why it just feels really weird and uncomfortable in Reason. Should I use FL to do my sequencing and mixing? I also thought about Trying out Sonar or Ableton live.

why isnt it woking for you? Obviously reason isnt working for you either. Rewire reason to Fl if you like sequencing in FL but like the reason sounds.

You can also try Reaper for free. i still haven't tried Ableton yet.

Last edited:
Aight cool ima try reaper. The reason it isnt working for me is because I've honestly been getting bored with FL.

every now and again you will get bored with your music all together...which is usually a good thing because it shows that you are trying to step your game on...i think you juz need a lil inspiration...when you get it back rolling you will be ok...it might not be you are getting bored with FL...you may be juz getting bored with your music all together and want some fresh ideas

Man, we're somewhat on the same page. I've been using FL for like 6 years and I need a change. Last night I downloaded demo's for Ableton Live and Reason. I'm really liking Ableton. It has a 14 day free trial, so I'll be experimenting with it heavily. Might be time for a change.

every now and again you will get bored with your music all together...which is usually a good thing because it shows that you are trying to step your game on...i think you juz need a lil inspiration...when you get it back rolling you will be ok...it might not be you are getting bored with FL...you may be juz getting bored with your music all together and want some fresh ideas

That may be true, maybe i need some vsts to fk around with. Also I have yet to find a sample that gives me some inspiration..

Last edited by a moderator:
when you start getting bored of your music you can do a few things..
change genre, learn synthesis, get some new gear or vsts, collab with someone locally if possible or over the net. sounds to me like your stuck in a rut and need to break out of it.

i've been down with FL since Fruity 3!!! <--yeah...that's right! AND...before that...made beats on MTV Music Generator! <--ARGH!! MTV is what made me want a change...and since then...i've tried Live/reason...but still gravitate towards FL! Maybe the OP needs some NEW SOUNDS...and then he can get back to business! i'm a little too lazy to want to learn a new DAW...especially if the one i have workds well for me! sometimes...you just need new sounds! or...maybe a new skin! i've got my FL looking like an MPC! LOL! also...samples are a lot easier to work with in FL than any other DAW as far as i know!

Well I've moved on from FL Studio :(. Its not doin it for me anymore sadly. But I like reason except that I HATE SEQUENCING AND MIXING in Reason. Idk why it just feels really weird and uncomfortable in Reason. Should I use FL to do my sequencing and mixing? I also thought about Trying out Sonar or Ableton live.

Can I get you to detail EXACTLY what it is you're not happy with in FL Studio? What is it you can't do?

mixing and sequencing in reason is the easiest thing ever for me..

i hate the fact that in FL i create a step pattern then lay it out in an arranger..

a sequencer is so easy.. click record and start playing.. so much better imo.. plus my work flow in reason is something i haven't gotten out of any other DAW/beatmaker program/etc..

Last edited:
Back