The BEST Reason Refills Thread

Yeah i have, sonic, fantom, motif, and triton refills for reason, the sonic reality is pretty nice though more of an array!!! The motif is also nice but most of there sounds "run" which is nice but i have a hard time trying too get them too fit into my beaats

I have used more refills that anyone I think. I have owned over 80gb of Refills. This is my list of must have.

Sonic Reality
Virology
Deepflight
Analog Nights
eXode - minimoog and others
Reason Pianos
Viral Outbreak
Smokers Relight Deux
BlueChip
RF-01 and Xplosive Bass
Anything by Lizard
Some others but that is the really important ones.

jeffery225 said:
Hey, you have a link to his refill,would miond trying it out :)

hit rome up...i'm not sure if he still has it up...it has a gang of drums in it...its very extensive...took me an hour to download the thing...

Morning_Star said:
I have used more refills that anyone I think. I have owned over 80gb of Refills. This is my list of must have.

Sonic Reality
Virology
Deepflight
Analog Nights
eXode - minimoog and others
Reason Pianos
Viral Outbreak
Smokers Relight Deux
BlueChip
RF-01 and Xplosive Bass
Anything by Lizard
Some others but that is the really important ones.

damn you posted some of my secret refills..ha ha..its all good though :cheers:

good looking there is a couple of those i hadnt heard of and i thought with all the refills i have i had them all but i will definately be getting the few that i dont have when i get home from work.. good looks morning star

No prob. I've tried so many refills I pretty much have tried them all and Pink Noise are def. my favorite. They also offer free demo refills that are very usable.

yea theirs alot lol i think i should clean house on my refills and ish lol

to update this thread with some refills ppl shouldn't do without:

- Motif drums and keys
- Reason Drum kits
- Reason pianos
- Reason Soul school and soul keys
- Miroslav's refills
- Smokers relight
- Abbey roads (absolutely my favorite)
- 1001 subtractor patches
- 1001 malstrom patches
- DRUMoMANIA
- Reason electric bass
- Reason strings
- Free gizmodj's refills can be nice as well.

Get some free drum refills that cover the 808 and 909 sounds could be cool as well. There's a ton of good free drum refills that'll give you propper sounding drums.
Get some guitar refills that'll complete it nicely. I can only find the DennisVguitar in my sound library. Completely rebuild it , so can't find every name anymore.
If you want a refill combo pack, get the propellerhead studio combo refill pack with reason drum, piano, abbey road and electric bass.
Of course, this is all if you actually want to get extra refills, paid or free. The factory sound bank can keep you happy for a long time. The above refills are just some of my big time favorites and in my opinion, some you shouldn't miss!
There are some major differences in refills for Reason though. Some sound ok, others just sound freaking amazing. Like the Reason pianos, abbey roads, drums, etc. With effects and propper eq'ing, processing, mixing and mastering, you can make the good sounding ones pretty close to sounding amazing as well though.

Last edited:
It would be cool if the developers of Beat Thang made a refill for Kong and Redrum. That have a good variety of drum sounds.

I'm a pretty lazy fok, so that would be cool idd. But making your own sounds in Reason is really cool. Certainly in Kong or thor. I use the Redrum to get going fromt the start. Kong and thor are really good at making your own sounds tbh. I wish Propellerhead would make a kong and thor refill though. Ah well, the factory sound bank holds about 100 thor and kong patches. Rebuilding those can be really cool as well.

Back