AT2020 Reason 5

dressss

Hello all
im currently running Reason 5 on my Mac 10.5.8
im having a problem with reason. Its not picking up my Audio Technica 2020 usb mic. i went into Reasons audio settings and selected the mic but im not receiving any type of sound.

To ensure that the microphone does actually work I used it in Ableton and everythings perfect.

In reasons audio settings i have it set to built in input/output. in the control panel i selected AT2020 as input. Also on my macs system preferences i have input set to AT2020 so im really just stumped as to why reason isnt picking up sound from the mic when trying to sample.

Ive searched for possible AT2020 drivers to fix this but had zero results, i also looked for a possible Reason 5 driver as well.

hopefully someone knows a fix for this

Last edited:
what up,

the Mic is fine-flip the rack around and go to the hardware rack at the top. look for the orange (audio I/O) sampling input & connect 1 input to an audio input immediately to the right of it for mono sampling or both for stereo sampling.

whats good!
everythings set up properly, ive been using reason for a while so i want to make it known that im not a complete noob lol, ive used the sampling with other mics and everything worked fine. the problem im having is with the Audio Technica 2020 usb mic, when sampling in reason its like a brick, reason isnt picking up any sound from it. im really stumped as to why this is, ive used other usb mics and had zero problems.

I hope you work out your issue, nothing is worse than having a piece of gear that you cant use. However, I would look at regular mics. Especially if its just for sampling minor vocals or sounds in your work space, light guitar work ect . . . . . The software developers and computer manufacturer companies are not in full support of USB Mics from what I see. And therefore you can expect problems with that often enough.

@drethe5th
thanks for your time and response. ive gone to the propellerhead website and hopefully someone there will know a fix.
i see what your saying about the usb deal, who knows maybe in the future everything will be usb. thanks

You gotta have your usb mic being listened to by an audio channel

for example... I use a delta 1010 I have it set up so that 1/2 listens to the usb

AT2020 Condenser Microphone

Hey man.. I was wondering if you found a solution to this? I've got Reason 5 and the AT2020 condenser microphone from Audio Technica. I cannot get them working together.

Try, Edit>Preferences>Page: Advanced......Then choose your external control bus and see if your mic is listed in the drop-down menu!

It worked for me...........

Back