Anyone is learning Cubase with the operation manual

Gougoune64

Anyone is learning Cubase with the operation manual? I am barely to p.95 and it's quite struggling. But I go slow and understand most of it. While they unfortunately refer too often to uncovered material in early chapters. The manual would require more work from Steinberg to be usable. I would like to know someone who read it completely - and understand what he read. That would encourage me. It seem that most people just give up and watch youtube video, but they are probably missing a lot.

Having spent a lot of my youth working with software based sequencing and learning notation, most of my learning with Cubase (2VSTScore) was simply reapplying older skills and knowledge within a new framework - so reading the manual was relatively easy.

I then bought the Cubase 5 in 2002 (the first version to have this sequence number) which had the whole audio engine layers that the earlier versions did not - a little more learning, but again experience with other software that did audio editing made this a relatively easy jump forward.

Again, in 2008, I bought the second run version of Cubase 5 (by my counting actually Cubase 10) - not much had changed except that vst technology is so much more intricate and some of the built-in vsts were radically changed form the first run.

the manual is quite useful if you have a strong working knowledge of the field. Taken in small doses and with liberal amounts of experimentation, it is quite instructive.

Back