Anyon got Cubase SX and a Korg X5D??

S

Stmoo

I am searching for a Korg X5d xml file to import the bank and patch list into Cubase SX, please.

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone has it,

Thanks,

Stmoo.

Thanks!

How do I import that?

I only seem to have an option for xml files.

Cheers again,

S>

I'm not sure about the problem you are having. The file is an xml file already.

Once you download the file, (right-click and save as...) then you open the midi device manager. Click on "import setup", point the next screen to the downloaded file. It will promt you for "x5d a" or "x5d b" (something like that) then import it and assign a midi output to the file.

It would appear that I am a moron who can't read across straight lines.

Downloaded the wrong one. :D

Cheers!

S>

:)

In case you need it in the future. In XP, you go to documents and settings, your user account, then application data, Cubase SX, patch scripts, inactive patch scripts, place the txt file in the Korg folder, and then add it within cubase. That's from memory, the names may be a little different but that should get you going if you got as far as knowing when to use a patch script.

sleepy said:
:)

knowing when to use a patch script.

?

Please, a brief explanation or link to site...what's a patch script, and when is one used??

I'm interested because I use SX with an X5D! Thanks in advance!

Not to be funny or anything, but what is the out come of this, is it to play back sounds from the x5d.

ohhh!!!!

Thanks Sleepy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I didn't answer because I thought it'd be obvious after a bit.

It's a text file that you import into cubase which is used to easily change patches on your keyboard by clicking on the patch name in Cubase.

It send bank/patch change data to your keyboard/sound module and is usually used to sequence within Cubase.

Back