Akai Are F***ed: NI, Steinberg and Motu All Release Their Own MPC Clones!

I highly doubt akai is worried. Some people like myself would rather have a self contained hardware sampler rather than some software knock off

muziqman2514 said:
You'll have to pardon my apparently unsuccesful attept at humor...I just thought that name "Urban Rhythm Instrument" was a not so subtle tageted marketing ploy! LOL

No, you right on the money with what you're saying. I banned Native Instruments from my computer as soon as I saw that Maschine commercial with the extreme stereotyped black girl. I don't mind that they would target any market segment, but the way they did it is purely unthinking, uncaring, and feeding negative stereotypes.

Akai should be worried, they need to release a VSTi MPC to target the PC Producers, because there's too big of a market for that right now NOT to have a product that fits them.

Plus, they greatest selling machines, aren't in production anymore, and they don't make any money off of re-sell, lol.

Anyways, I would think their biggest worry would be the new Miko/Neko series, the pads on those are SOOOO close to an MPC, plus the Miko/neko is doing good anyhow. (I should have bought open labs stock, lol)

I think every hardware companys concern should be open labs, I know if I went home today and someone had stolen all my gear, I'd definitely finance a Miko or Neko.

But I'd still get an MPC to sequence it..... What can I say, I love my MPC 1000.

'cause ive been reading this for days. hahaha naw.. like an hour... had to skip over some posts cause of redundancy.... but.. ive been bangin out beats for years and never really touched an mpc.. i had one for a minute but too many dickridahs with beats that all sounded the same pushed me back to keyboard controllers.. i just dig the keys.. i play tha keys.. ha. i just looked the motu bpm up and it looks like its ridin for like $280.. man.. ive done the warez thing in the past... you know.. pirate ****.. and ended up with a bunch of software that all did the same thing so it was a good thing that i didnt buy it... then i got older and got official versions of my *ish that i like.. im thinkin about coppin this but... im wondering if its only geared for an mpc-like controller or if i will still have access to all of the features...

so

whadyall think?

If you already have a software sample VST, then just get an MPD or other pad controller.

Or get an MPC 1000!!!!

**quickly looks up 'MPD'***

what dat iz?

ok..

dope

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Lev, I don't think you guys are seeing the point and whole benefit of this.

Even if this generation doesn't appeal to you, what about the next versions?

Akai f*cked??

That's like Microsoft being f*cked because Google is coming out with an Operating System for your computer.

:cry:

In retrospect (looking back after 4 years), it's hilarious how true this turned out to be.

Most consumers are switching from desktop computers to tablets, where Google's Android OS is dominant. Windows 8 was Microsoft's last-ditch effort to remain relevant.

Akai is barely holding on against the Maschine and is marking down the MAP on their flagship model by hundreds and hundreds of dollars to clear it out.

Lulz.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
Back