Ableton Live-Stuck in Full screen mode!

cybernaga595

I'm stuck in full screen mode and I can't see the small green arrow at the bottom right of the Live screen. Does anyone know how to get back to regular screen mode. I've tried pressing F11 (changed expose to CTRL + F11) and it still won't work. I've maneuvered the window around everywhere and still the small green arrow is out-of-site. Is there another way to get out of this?

Any help is appreciated

hi... i have exactly the same problem... have you discovered the way round this yet ?

if so , please let me know... its driving me nutz

I’ve never heard of this problem but, if F11 doesn’t work and you have no arrow, you can try doing it from the menu. Press Alt+V to bring up the View menu and click on Full Screen.

i dont use Live but have u tried changing your resolution and make it bigger. then when u resize ableton make the resolution smaller again

Last edited:
that happened to me the other day yo!, i just pressed control and f11 i think but just press control and all the f keys until it goes back to a regular size window,
hope this helps

I'm in version 7, and when I go in to full-screen mode, there's a SUPER tiny arrow in the lower right hand corner of the screen that lets me go back to regular mode.

I know this is like five years after the question was posted, but hey, this thread is the first Google result for "ableton live full screen"... LOL

Last edited:
I'm in version 7, and when I go in to full-screen mode, there's a SUPER tiny arrow in the lower right hand corner of the screen that lets me go back to regular mode.

I know this is like five years after the question was posted, but hey, this thread is the first Google result for "ableton live full screen"... LOL

Thank you very very much! I was searching about 3 hours for this answer ! My menu bar is now back again :-)

Great tip!
Thanks thanks thanks..

Wow... Thanks, man ^____^ :cheers:

Ableton Full Screen Fix

I'm using an external keyboard and Alt+F11 seems to toggle in and out of full screen. Works the same on my mac keyboard too!

I'm using Monterey and I had the same problem. After disabling notes from the bottom right corner, I was able to access the tiny arrow and successfully exited the full screen.

Back