Ableton Live 7 is OUT!

kb420 said:
Live 7 and Reason 4. Pretty much all you need.

I can't wait to get my hands on it. If it sounds as good as Sonar, with it's new engine, eq, and compressor, maybe I won't upgrade to Sonar 7. I'll just use Live for everything.

I will miss the VC 64, but I guess I can always load a wav file into 6 and bounce it. Either that, or buy the Kjhaerus version.

gac-1_fullsize.gif

It is such a good plug-in isn't it. Personally, while not as "pretty", I like that original GUI better than the Cakewalk version. It gives you more on the screen and no having to toggle between C1/E1 and C2/E2.

Anyway, does that version have sidechaining?

I downloaded the demo a while back, and it didn't have external side chaining at the time. I'm not sure if it has been added. I'll have to download the demo and try it again.

So from what people are saying from trustys questions (im just asking to make sure im reading this right)

With live 7, i wouldnt have to buy a program like recycle, to record in my audio and chop (slice) up the samples? I can do this in Live? if so has anybody came across a video tutorial of this? im new to this computer thing. im used to sampling on the mpc or roland mv, so im trying to grasp all of this. while im learning the demo, and ordering live after the first of the year.

Pworld said:
With live 7, i wouldnt have to buy a program like recycle, to record in my audio and chop (slice) up the samples? I can do this in Live? if so has anybody came across a video tutorial of this? im new to this computer thing. im used to sampling on the mpc or roland mv, so im trying to grasp all of this. while im learning the demo, and ordering live after the first of the year.

You can do that with LIVE...

It's in the tutorials that come with LIVE... it's called - Creating Beats or something...

You load your audio file in an arrange view track...
Load an IMPULSE in another track...
Highlight the parts of the audio file you want chopped...
Drag that chop into on of the IMPULSE banks...
Do whatever you want with the chops...

That's what I remember...

Pworld said:
So from what people are saying from trustys questions (im just asking to make sure im reading this right)

If you like to sample Like is great.
Keep in mind you still would need a audio editor but even a freeware
one with do the job.But you can just do it like biggrome said too.
Look at this remake of Hold U Down in Ableton Live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ude_HX0AIvI&feature=related

biggrome said:
You can do that with LIVE...

It's in the tutorials that come with LIVE... it's called - Creating Beats or something...

You load your audio file in an arrange view track...
Load an IMPULSE in another track...
Highlight the parts of the audio file you want chopped...
Drag that chop into on of the IMPULSE banks...
Do whatever you want with the chops...

That's what I remember...
biggrome
Love your Reason videos.
People who use reason should check them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I jus realized my midi keyboard came with abelton live 6. I just found out that its been sitting in the box for over 5 months. Is it really that worth to install?

Enndee said:
Lol I jus realized my midi keyboard came with abelton live 6. I just found out that its been sitting in the box for over 5 months. Is it really that worth to install?

That is only the lite version

breal said:
biggrome
Love your Reason videos.
People who use reason should check them out.

Thanks man. I would've made more but the soundcard I used to make them died.

My Fast Track Pro won't record the audio that plays back on the PC...

If I'm wrong, somebody help me out.

ABleton live 7 with m-audio 410

Hey guys, I'm new to Ableton and also this forum.

I'm just wondering if I can use the full version of Ableton with my m-audio 410 card or if I'm forced to use the Lite version.

Nice forum btw!

K

lordovesen said:
Hey guys, I'm new to Ableton and also this forum.

I'm just wondering if I can use the full version of Ableton with my m-audio 410 card or if I'm forced to use the Lite version.

Nice forum btw!

K

I'm sure that you can update to the full version.

Back