Ableton Frustrations

Jae Himself

What's up fellas...So I just picked up Ableton 7. Legit in box, no copy. When in put the disc in my Mac (G4 Quick Silver running on Tiger) it doesn't even boot to install!! The demo discs it came with boot just fine, but the actual program won't go. Is this somethin that happens often to people? Is there somethin I can do? I hope someone can help me out. I'd appreciate it.
So

Then just put the serial number in. The demo and the actual program are the same. The demo just shuts down after two weeks, unless you input the serial number.

So ur saying to install the demo and put the serial number in?? Because the actual ableton disc isn't even being acknowledged by my mac, it doesn't open any windows or anything. The demo opens up just fine tho.

Thanks. So I should run the demo and insert the same serial it came with, and it'll run just as good as installing the disc? Nothing will be missing? Plug ins maybe?

None of the plugs will be missing.

Maybe some of the audio and midi clips, and any other extras.

If that's all you have, then most of the stuff that you may be missing can be downloaded from Ableton's website. Just check the downloads page. If you had the Suite, it would be different.

Back