DAW Changes

• Thread starter Deleted member 366719
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 366719

Good day everyone,

So when I started making hip-hop beats I used FL Studio but after learning Reason (which took me a while) I made it my default DAW due to the sound quality of preset sounds unlike FL Studio stock sounds which sound sh*** unless you tweak them heavily.

The thing is, I was young. 15 or so when I started beatmaking so I knew little about VSTis. Now that I am a bit more experience, I realized that although Reason has good quality sounds, the sound engine itself is not as good as lets say FL or Pro Tools.

According to my friend who is a big producer back in my hometown, extracting a reason beat under PT sounds much better and I have seen what VSTis. I kinda fell in love with them. Especially the mastering ones like iZotope and Waves. The problem is I am affraid its gonna take me quiet a while to build a good VST library if I decide to change DAWs.

It's something that has been at the back of my mind for a while but mastering a new DAW is going to take me so much time yet I feel like Reason is holding me back a little?

I wanted your suggestions. I have Reason 5. Undecided between upgrading to Reason 6.5, PT or FL Studio.

Should I stick to reason and mix/master in PT?

I know the DAW doesn't dictate the quality of ur beats but it affects ur workflow.

Back