Cubase 7 was announced today.

They could've done better on the look of the mixer. Man....they always messing up just a little tiny bit on things. lmao!

Hey man...........somebody had to complain about something. We should never go 3 pages of positive responses.

Nothing new or special really. More easy tools for people to pretend like they actually can play chords and stuff. BORING!

I guess I should print out the sheet music to my auto arpeggiated beats. Now I'm more complex. I write music.......step yo game up!

Great......saturation now......O.K.....lol! Software developers are getting out of hand with that. I'm losing money now...I mean...should've waited on spending all kinds of money on vsts a few months ago. Now I have an option to just add saturation, eq, compression.....blah, blah, blah from an ugly mixer. All in one if I upgrade. Too late. (hey......I think R6.5 mixer sucks now also as far as looks. The faders are ugly.

Well........what else? Hmmmmmmmmm...........I'll pass.

Wait on R7. That should be interesting.

I feel you I never liked Cubase mixer.
They say this is all new, but the thing is I never use the mixer, you can add fx right there on the side of the track, each track is basically its own mixer, I never ever use cubase mixer.. Even FL has a better mixer than cubase/

Had a friend that has Cubase 6.5 show me a few things and I'd hate to say it, but after 5 years with Logic I'm gonna jump ship to Cubase. I like the over all feel and workflow, and since Apple seems more concerned with iPhones and iPads lately I don't see them releasing Logic Pro X anytime soon.

Last edited:
After trying the demos of most daws, I have always been more partial to cubase.

The first thing i didn't like was the mixer. I like the mixer in Cubase 6 though. I don't know.. but in Cubase 7 the mixer knobs kinda look fake lol.

But other than that, if it had the FL Studio easy of usage at the piano roll section and Groove agent as far importing drums or sounds in a heartbeat, than yes i would be sold.
But so far, it looks good!

Back