Cubase 7 was announced today.

I'm still back using 4
I wonder if it will still be $200 to update like it was from 4 to 6
I'm going to update in Feb. by that time there will be a small amount of bug fixes

-Coach Antonio

Already got a RSS feed about it from Steiny.........been waiting for this upgrade for quite a while. Can't wait for Dec. 5th to test drive it!

yea thanks for sharing because the just recently I have been wondering what cubase has been up to. I used to use SX3 and i did the rewire thing, i might have to check this out, try the demo, might be gettin this.. i dunno yet. good shit man

That new collaboration feature is really dope. Its like Skype inside of Cubase I really like that.

intresting..
I never messed with collab in fl, but skype added might be intresting. unless i'm zooming in on a wave and a message pops up LOL

That new collaboration feature is really dope. Its like Skype inside of Cubase I really like that.
exactly what I been looking for ...I mean exactly and the ppl you collab with don't have to have Cubase if I read it right there do have to download some free software
free me up to sign artists in different regions from me and still groove together

-Coach Antonio

I may actually cop this. I have yet to buy Cubase as i always have used the free versions that come with my gear, but i may actually bite on this one.

I'm all about Live and Logic Pro, but I have to admit that Cubase 7 looks down right sexy. So.... tempted...

I actually wouldn't mind spending $99 if they release a Cubase 7 Elements.

I'm all about Live and Logic Pro, but I have to admit that Cubase 7 looks down right sexy. So.... tempted...

I actually wouldn't mind spending $99 if they release a Cubase 7 Elements.

Elements won't even be the same really
it's like having a drop of water
Cubase 7 is the full ice cube cup after cutting your grass in 90 degree heat
I never knew anything except for full versions anyway.

-Coach Antonio

Cubase's LE and AI versions are actually pretty deep without even having the full version

Elements won't even be the same really
it's like having a drop of water
Cubase 7 is the full ice cube cup after cutting your grass in 90 degree heat
I never knew anything except for full versions anyway.

-Coach Antonio

True, but I already own Live Suite and Logic Pro 9. No point in owning a third full DAW. Elements 7 would pretty much have everything I would need anyway if it's anything like 6. 48 audio tracks, 64 midi, vst support, etc. That's way more than enough to make a song. And $99 isn't that much to peek into the world Cubase IMO.

Last edited:
I was reading more about that collab feature.. although I will probly never use it, well maybee alittle, but the idea IS really cool.. sharing files and all that made super easy, pretty cool extras with this package.

It's looking so good though. . .The only reason I haven't migrated from FL yet is because of that step sequencer and piano roll. Way to easy to use. Better than any other. . .I just found out that cubase has a "drum editor" though. . .I might have to make that move. Or maybe it's just the gear lust talking.

Drop FL in there as a VSTi. that way to can use the fl audio clips, fl drums, slicer, and even the mixer.. when cubase play button is pushed, fl rolls right with it..... It will still roll along synced even if you sequeced certain sounds and audio clips from inside either/or program. Pretty unlimited. Save your project in cubase and FL will save everything automatically just like any other vsti would. Having two screens helps out alot too! Convienent!!
And you can use cubase to sequence all of your multi timbral vst's like sampletank for example. Make templates so easy with all your favorite Coustom setups to easyly Load up your shit quick and get to work right away.

Damn, I'm falling back in love with music.

Last edited:
Back