cubase 5 keyboard issue

D

dkbass

when i uses the keyboard shortcut they dont respond nothing happen. how ever if space work but others dont

The only thing I can think of is that you have somehow disabled all other key commands.

Go to the file menu
Select the key commands option near the bottom (below preferences)
Click the "Reset All" button will take you back to factory settings
Click OK

let me know.

Maybe also you need to have Num Lock on if you are trying to use the numeric keypad commands.

And scroll lock off.

i had the same issue... i know its quiet late for solution... but this may help someone else.... i dont know what this did or how my keyboard stopped working with shortcuts... i fixed it when i pressed F2. it helped me. it may or may not be useful to others but just give it a try, :cool::cool:

I just registered just so I could say THANK YOU! IT WORKED! Have always felt like Cubase wasn't really that user-friendly, but now I know I was really just annoyed by no shortkeys.

I'm guessing since you're still on Cubase 5 AND on pc that it's the one and only version that was successfully cracked. I thought this forum didn't support stuff like this? I use Cubase and we're on 7 son. Either figure it out or get with the times.

how about toning down your criticism a little?

your post did not contribute to the discussion (which had input from two moderators),

there were no obvious signs of it having been a crack issue as you can turn the shortcut keys off if you want or even accidentally

that the op could not get it to work by following the instructions is also not an indicator of a cracked version, just that somehow they have not described their problem properly or followed the instructions exactly

How about calling out the people that are pirating software that you are paying for? I've paid Steinberg well over $500 to use their software over the years. I think I have a right to call someone out for pirating what I pay for.

If in 2013 you are using Cubase 5 and on PC and posting your questions on "FutureProducers" then it's a sign you are using the only pirated version out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
If in 2013 you are using Cubase 5 and on PC and posting your questions on "FutureProducers" then it's a sign you are using the only pirated version out there.

you assume too much sir

My version of Cubase is 5.5.x and fully paid for - I do not need to progress it at this time - I am not into subscription-ware unless it vastly increases my productivity...

Nope, no crack. Bought it fair and square, although some time ago. I agree with bandcoach, you could've spared that comment for something else. I have no idea why this is, but apparently turning on the transporter (with F2 or simply clicking), renders all shortkeys ineffective. If you know why, please explain. If not, please don't comment any further.

Back