Creating a VST bucket list!! What's in yours?

Liianna

Hey there!
Here is the situation. I am not rich :P and I just graduated from Music Production and so on. I know I am supposed to do the best with what I have but I guess we can all agree that it might be a pain in the ass sometimes. I compose music for soundtracks mainly and I am interested in the games industry. I could be 2 weeks trying to make my strings sound huge for an epic music project and suddenly, someone with more money, buys majestica and gets the sound you were looking for in 10 minutes. It is not only about owning fancy stuff, it is also about saving lots of time and not being in disadvantage with other average producers.

What do I own? The Komplete 11 bundle and Majestica 8dio (I bought them both in a flash sale) I am watching Youtube Producers and I am dreaming with having so many cool sound libraries (and set up of course, I don't even have speakers yet, I mix with headphones).

What is the plan? I thought that I could create a bucket list of the sound libraries "basics" that I really like and that I feel like could really improve my workflow. Then I am going to find a retail job and work as many hours as I can for 2-3 months until I build a decent homestudio for starting as a media composer.

My music style:
- Orchestral -think about games genres- (all kinds, magical, fluffy, epic, etc)
- Electronic (M83, Kavinsky, chill out...)
- Ambience (terror, sci-fi, etc)

My bucket list so far:
- Requiem Professional for Kontakt -for epic choirs- (8DIO) (550 $) Requiem Professional VST-AU-AAX - Kontakt Instruments & Samples
- The new Acoustic Gran Ensembles for Kontakt -for magical textures- (8DIO) (300$) The New Acoustic Grand Ensembles (AGE) Bundle VST-AU-AXX - Kontakt Instruments & Samples
- Output full suite (800 $) -for electronic music, I love the UI of these VST- Output Products | Music Production Software & Instruments
- Cubase (I use Pro Tools but... I would like to try something different, I don't like Ableton too much)

My question: What do you own? What can't you live without? What is in your bucket list? I would love to hear more ideas to add to my bucket list.

Have a good day!
clip_image001.gif

Check out damage library for kontakt. And highly recommend cubase

Last edited:
Back