Best Windows 'Logic' Alternative

Which program for music creation on Windows?

• Pro Tools

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ableton

• Stick with Fruity Loops for PC.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrisisBeats

Hi all.
I'm a 15 year old interested in producing hip hop beats.
Since I was 12, I've been practicing Fruity Loops Studio. (Versions 7-10) I just got into actually making beats around 18 months ago.
Last year, i earned myself a big, powerful, Macintosh Desktop with an MPD-26 and AKAI Midi Keyboard.
I am becoming quite native in Logic, and am already beyond native in FL Studio. I like Logic better, quite obviously.
It is a well rounded, feature filled program capable of fulfilling nearly all of my needs. It is perfect my Mac, which resides at my Dad's house. I spend half the year with him and half with my mother, switching each week. I have built a great, powerful laptop for myself for when i reside at my mother's house and FL just isn't fulfilling my needs anymore. I'm considering Ableton, Pro Tools, or Reason. Which program would be easiest to switch between Logic every week? Money isn't a problem, I just need a powerful music software like Logic for my Windows PC.
Thanks Future Producers,
chris (reverbnation.com/chrissparkstv)

try reaper, great for recording audio and also pretty decent in the midi side. also get a hold of poise if youre planning on any mpc style workflow with your mpd

Cubase is a good alternative to Logic, in fact Logic was itself a redesign of Notator to make it work just like Cubase, however if you are happy with running Logic in just the one location I would recommend a strategy that allows you to stick with it by making use of ReWire to run a dual platform program such as Reason for example, that way you can work on Reason stuff at your Mom's house and then use it within Logic when you go to your Dad's house.

Back