Any Good Reverb Software Out There?!!!

Knoqx.com

Hey everyone, I hope all is well. I have been searching for awhile for a good software reverb. I know hardware, besides a actual live acoustic room, is where it's at but I don't own neither of those unfortunately. I do, on the other hand, own waves true verb and Breverb. They ok. But, I don't know...sometimes they sound a bit generic. I know it's artificial but one would expect to at least get a great sound out of it. If you know of some others out there or maybe have some good presets besides the ones the companies offer, I would love to hear from you. Thanks.

Valhalla vintage reverb. If you want to go a little bit up in price from that, I'd go for Aether. Both are excellent reverbs.

Thanks for the heads up. I will look into these other reverbs and see whats good. I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Try turning the density down on True VERB.

Would you interested in selling True verb to me?

ALso try convolution reverb for a different no so fake sound.

Spark verb sounds kinda like trueverb to me but its 200 dollars.

ABleton Lives is pretty cool.

Message me if you would like to sell me True Vern. Thanks!

density is a term for how much of the reverb is in the mix think of it as a pre-reverb-volume (how much the source drives it) rather than an after reverb source-wet mix control

different manufacturers of hardware boxes and the subsequent vst implementations of them have used different words to mean pretty much the same thing - how else do you differentiate yourself in a flooded market???

Thanks for clearing that up, but I didn't mean to ask what density was, more like I was wondering how that specifically would help OP with his problem about not getting the sound that he wants out of the reverb plugins that he has.

Last edited:
agreed - however the context of your statements was what led me to answer

Try turning down the density? What?!?

also density can be used to mean the distance (physically or in terms of time) between reflections in the room - smaller rooms seem to have a denser repeat pattern whereas larger rooms have a more diffuse repeat pattern which is how you can tell some algorithms apart also

if you subscribe to the prime number separation of the individual delay lines used in creating a synthetic reverb then bringing the times closer together would make the sound denser, spreading them out would make them more diffuse

I probably could've been more clear in what I was trying to say. Either way you always have something to teach, and even if this was just a happy accident its nice to get a more clear idea of what is and why it's so. Cheers

Back