Aiff and Wave ACID Loops tempo issues

H

Heatseeqerz

Hello.

First if all, i do hope i post this in the correct place?

I have an issue i have never experienced before regarding a massive pack of Loops i have come across.
In 3 parts there is REX, Aiff and Wav ACID.

Here is the weird thing. When i preview them inside FL Studio by clicking them, they play at the tempo stated in the file, this case, 128 bpm. Now, REX files play back Slow, until i press the play button. If the global temp is set to 130, the REX file will play back at that speed, and if i send it to a channel, it will play back at it's own global BPM. This is normal.

Here is my Issue: All the Wave - ACID, and Aiff files play back normal (128) until i send one to a channel, open one in the Slicer , etc then it is playing back double the speed and slicer report them as being 64bpm!

I have over 1000 and have no idea why this is happening.

Has anyone come across this before? Know a solution ? DO i have to convert them ONE BY ONE to some other format?
In any case, would the BPM be inside the file data and stay the same regardless of converting?

It has confused me. All i can think is that they messed up the sample rate or tempo information when they created them, but the Sample rate is normal and i have tried lots of other things. I can time stretch them to slower and fit normal but i need to chop the loops up with a slicer and all my other samples are fine.

I am beat . Any Ideas, please!!!

Back