Advice for music-making software - mellow, new age & gentle piano etc

piano99

Hey all

I'm a pianist and I'm looking to write and record my own music and I'd like help with the best software. There seems to be so many programs I don't know where to start. I write fairly mellow, relaxing piano-led tunes, nice fat synth sounds, almost new age in a way. I'll have practically zero use for beats/sequencing etc but I'm happy to pay whatever I have to if it means getting the right product.

Thanks in advance! :)

I have a digital piano and would consider buying something along the lines of a Korg, etc plus a laptop. In the past I have used Ableton and LMMS, so I'm not a total newbie, but I'm really looking for something with some very good piano / harp sounds/pads etc for original compositions. Thanks for your response :)

Softsynths and plug ins would be kind of a different discussion. I’d say if you already know Ableton, why not stick with it?

If you are really looking for good traditional keyboard sounds, and you want to make the kind of music you described above, have you considered a hardware solution like a workstation?

GJ

Back