Ultimate-Guitar:"iLoud makes the home studio monitors I've been using sound bad."

ObiK

IK Multimedia
Ultimate-Guitar:"iLoud makes the home studio monitors I've been using sound bad."

[h=4]Brandon East's review of IK's portable studio monitor[/h]

Here are quotes from the review of iLoud from Ultimate-Guitar.com:
"Is it a wireless portable studio monitor or a guitar amp that fits in a backpack? Well, with any AmpliTube-loaded iOS device, the portable iLoud speaker serves both functions exceedingly well."
"The best part? It's battery powered, so you can use it anywhere. Once you juice up the rechargeable lithium-ion battery, you can go for about 10 hours without plugging in. The whole thing is about 2 1/2 inches thick with the width and length of an iPad, so you can easily shove it in a bag and go. You can pair up to two separate Bluetooth enabled audio sources at any given time without the need for re-pairing."
"The two 3" neodymium drivers, two 3/4" tweeters, and a bass port on the back combine with some deft digital processing for a loudness and clarity that have impressed every friend I've shown this to so far. IK Multimedia says these speakers sound like speakers three times their size, and I have to agree."
"With portable devices you can usually expect some sound quality trade-off - but these things scream! The 40 watts are loud and surprisingly true sounding. For having such small speakers, the iLoud articulates bass frequencies particularly impressively - even compared to much larger speakers I've heard."
"Plugging my guitar in, I played playing through AmpliTube on my iPhone, which I had paired with the iLoud via Bluetooth wireless. I'm a long-time AmpliTube user, but playing through an iLoud was like breathing new life into AmpliTube for me. It's the best I've ever heard it sound."
"The iLoud would easily fit into a backpack on the go, or even a laptop case. Theoretically, with other portable devices that are now readily available, you could fit your entire studio into a backpack and take it camping with you and record your campfire songs."
"I'm seriously digging this little guy. As a portable Bluetooth speaker, it's terrific, but I would especially recommend it to anyone for a small home studio, especially if you want the freedom to go portable. It does a lot for around the same price as basic desktop studio monitors, with the added bonus battery-powered portability and Bluetooth compatibility. Actually, the iLoud makes the home studio monitors I've been using sound bad."
"This is one of the most impressive portable audio devices I've seen. I strongly suggest you check it out."
Read the rest of the iLoud review from Ultimate-Guitar.com
Learn more about iLoud, click here.

Back