What is the better hardware for a beginner?

ipodchicken

I just started producing music in fl studio. (not sure if that is the best choice but I was told it was good for beginners) I'm starting to get and understanding by my application of the sounds isn't great by any stretch of the imagination. I want it to sound better. I'm looking for something to speed up my work flow. I just got an oxygen midi keyboard (haven't gotten it in the mail yet) and now I'm looking into the mpc 1000 or NI maschine. Which one should I get for a beginner. Part of me feel like it would be beneficial in the long run to learn out to use an mpc but I'm not sure. I mostly produce music on my computer so I'm almost never far way although if I had the option to work outside a computer environment that would be amazing. What do you think. Thank you for your time and input.

I don't think a MPC would be necessary imo, you can assign anything to the keys on your midi & play samples like on mp3 and it will work better with fl studio. So I think stick witht hat until you get comfortable and then look to expand

So you would suggest focusing on learning how to use and manipulate sounds with my midi. I agree with that but the MPC looks so cool from the videos I've seen online. Its really an amazing machine.

Back