Wanna start making beat (help)

GDubs69

Can someone help me out with what to buy and start with to start making my own beats I just made my jest song Sunday and wanna make my own beats instead of having people make them for me

This is probably as simple as Edm can get. ( daws )

Things that will matter most:
music theory is everything involved with music period even electrical stuff.
Computer with 2ghz or above, no core 2 duos, no atoms, no AMD below an A6 and no pentium below a pentium G series unless no midi devices are going to be used.

First of, learn music theory, then get an DAW, ( Make sure you learn your DAW before you produce )
Once you get better, maybe grab yourself a nice USB MIDI Piano, And other MIDI devices

I'd say "research".

Use youtube to search for popular creation software basic tutorials, such as Reason, Fruity Loops, Ableton, Logic Pro...

Look at how people use these tools, and see if you are able to set your mind on one to use. The way they look, the way to work with them, the things some can do that others can't....That kind of research.

At some point you will end up with a feeling that you want to try one of these and go for it.

Then, keep practising, keep learning, and improving.

At some point, invest in a MIDI Keyboard.
Then, a good audio interface, and then, maybe a good set of monitors...

But before all of that, you must find a software to use, and then practice your composition skills. ;)

If you need beats in the meantime, check us out -->>> Free Agents | Beats. Instrumentals. Compositions. Sounds. Music.

Follow Us:
▸ Facebook - http://facebook.com/FreeAgentsProduct...
▸ SoundCloud - Free Agents Productions | Free Listening on SoundCloud
▸ Instagram - Free Agents Productions (@theagentsmtl) • Instagram photos and videos
▸ Twitter - Free Agents (@FreeAgentsProds) | Twitter

Last edited:
yes music THEORY, learn scales, learn notes, time signatures, chord progressions, helped me find grooves ALOT FASTER

Luckily you live in the internet era so it's really easy to research using Youtube, Google and Forums, just follow tutorial videos, learn a bit of music theory and find software you're comfortable with learning, good luck!

I don't agree with learning music theory.
I is nice to have but there are a lot of other ways of achieving the same outcome, It may sometime be faster as well with all this technology around.
You will need a DAW so research and see what works for you, I know Ableton Live 9 like the back of my hand and love this DAW. I'v tried Studio One, FL Studio, Cubase, Bitwig and Pro Tools but i keep going back to Ableton live 9.
Get yourself some hardware, I love midi controllers and can't have enough of them. I am currently using a Maschine Studio, Novation Launchpad, Novation Launch Controller XL with a Presonus Faderport and hope to start building my own controller soon.
Its all about feeling comfortable with your equipment and spend ALOT of time learning your software, vsts and gear.

After trying out various softwares, i've come to the conclusion that no one software can be recommended, it really is a choice of which one one can get used to and produce better results, regardless of recommendations. So i would suggest that you try out a variety of these beat making softwares, many of them do offer a free trial to see which one fits your needs - you can check and read a bit about some of the industry's recommend here https://appuals.com/the-5-best-softwares-for-making-beats/

Back