Turntable setup question

Jinegev

Hello dear community,

Is it enough to use a preamp for a turntable and plug it in usb audio interface or do i need a amplifier.

greetings Jinegev

Finally have a more or less acceptable Turntable Nordmende RP 1350 for 60€ in a good condition, well see

Hello dear community,

Is it enough to use a preamp for a turntable and plug it in usb audio interface or do i need a amplifier.

greetings Jinegev

Hello, Jinegev,

You will need an RIAA preamp and then some way to get that signal to your sound card.

My turntable preamp has RCA outs so I just plug it into a couple of inputs on my RME Fireface.

If you don't have an audio interface other than your computer sound card, you can buy an RIAA preamp with USB outputs and route that to your computer sound card through your audio mixer app.

I have about 2500 LPs here... and many of them are battle-scarred. I can HIGHLY recommend DDMF EffectRack populated with Izotope RX7 de-clicker. Once you get this set correctly (5 minute job) you won't believe how CLEAN your vinyl has become! Basically, if the record doesn't skip, you won't hear anything other than the music. You will end up with a large latency, but who cares if you just want to listen to clean music?

Back