Your thoughts: Maschine or MPD w/ DAW

for me they all have something that you will need in your Instrumental. I use Fruit loop like my Main beat maker program, but sometimes i open Logic From my laptop Stick it to my input patch bay and record those beautiful heaven chorus that you can make in logic more standard. Don't just depend of one program get sound from every where. i got a Casio very old piano cost me 69 at wall-mart and it has few sounds that i actually i have heard them in one of bob Marley hits and sound like it and Quality. another thing, if your old piano has sound, keep it! that's another library there for your studio. you can patch bay them record the sound, Synthesis them and make em sound crazy. and where they came from? your old ass piano. claps for him. my opinion is that I appreciate every sound they all ,even if it sound retarded, have their spot in something new.

Well I made up my mind. And my wife God bless her, got me Maschine for our anniversary!! Waiting for it on the mail. I guess I will update you guys on my opinions of it later. Thanks for you guys' thoughts!

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-01-2012 at 11:27 AM ----------

Came the other day and we finally got power back after the storm. So I'm trying it out ASAP. I'm almost ashamed to be talking about this and my loss of electricity right now when there's some people out there that lost their whole house. I must say sometimes I take things for granted.
Again thanks for the input everybody. And if you were affected by Sandy please stay safe and warm and God bless

Well I made up my mind. And my wife God bless her, got me Maschine for our anniversary!! Waiting for it on the mail. I guess I will update you guys on my opinions of it later. Thanks for you guys' thoughts!

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-01-2012 at 11:27 AM ----------

Came the other day and we finally got power back after the storm. So I'm trying it out ASAP. I'm almost ashamed to be talking about this and my loss of electricity right now when there's some people out there that lost their whole house. I must say sometimes I take things for granted.
Again thanks for the input everybody. And if you were affected by Sandy please stay safe and warm and God bless
feel blessed and be grateful my wife read a story where some woman thought her house was safe got flooded out tried to run away her car stalled due to water and ran with her 2 year old in her arms and her 4 year old holding her hand. A wave came through and took both children from her. The children died 40 feet away from each other. It broke my heart to hear that. She was making a run to brooklyn I guess which was supposed to be 30 minutes from her house.

I've had the Maschine for over a year now and I still can't get over the sampling abilities and speed of finding new sounds. You never lose your melody or beat ideas because you can just grab a sound and start recording.

for me they all have something that you will need in your Instrumental. I use Fruit loop like my Main beat maker program, but sometimes i open Logic From my laptop Stick it to my input patch bay and record those beautiful heaven chorus that you can make in logic more standard. Don't just depend of one program get sound from every where. i got a Casio very old piano cost me 69 at wall-mart and it has few sounds that i actually i have heard them in one of bob Marley hits and sound like it and Quality. another thing, if your old piano has sound, keep it! that's another library there for your studio. you can patch bay them record the sound, Synthesis them and make em sound crazy. and where they came from? your old ass piano. claps for him. my opinion is that I appreciate every sound they all ,even if it sound retarded, have their spot in something new.
Def tru about finding sounds anywhere. I like that mentality.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

feel blessed and be grateful my wife read a story where some woman thought her house was safe got flooded out tried to run away her car stalled due to water and ran with her 2 year old in her arms and her 4 year old holding her hand. A wave came through and took both children from her. The children died 40 feet away from each other. It broke my heart to hear that. She was making a run to brooklyn I guess which was supposed to be 30 minutes from her house.
Yeah true it's been a lot of terrible stories in the news lately. I feel very fortunate. The only thing that happened to me was my neighbors tree fell on my shed and we lost power. I think we were blessed.

---------- Post added 11-09-2012 at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was 11-08-2012 at 11:26 AM ----------

I love it. Nuff said. I installed it. Only had time to play briefly but Maschine is fire!!!! I'm glad I was able to get input from you guys. I will def post some beats and flips once I get comfortable with runnin this joint. Thanks!!

Back