Yamaha RM1-X

E

extended remix

Sup...I wanted to know if the Yamaha RM1-X is good...for making beats..and remixing.. and all..
im gonna spend around $700....so is that a good sampler?
or is their a better sampler for that price range...
but i really like the Yamaha RM1-X...i just wanna see if u peepz think its good or not, for remixing...cuzz thats wha im gonna use it for.Oh yeh 1 more thing... wha effects does it have?...aight thanx
peace

it's not a sampler...
let me move this to "synthesizers".

the rm1x is an "arranger" pretty much like MC303 and such. You can't sample anything.

If you want to sample, go for a YAMAHA SU700 or an ELECTRIBE S or an AKAI MPC2000XL. Expand the memory as much as possible.

voila :)

But whats the differance between the Yamaha RM1-X and a sampler...the Yahama RM1-X has beats..u can also add beats from the floppy drive..it has a built in drum machine...and a synthesizer...so whats the differant between a sampler and the Yamaha RM1-X.....thanx....
Peace

[Edited by extended remix on 03-07-2001 at 07:10 PM]

definition of sampling

a sampler CAN SAMPLE. sampling means that you can record any sound like if you hit a frying pan or if you break a bottle on the floor.. you can record this short sound and this is called a sample!

machines without sampling capabilities are different.. they have a bank of sounds and you can't record any "real" sounds. You are more limited.

The RM1X is a good sequencer but sound-wise it is not the best at all.. you have a sound bank and voila.

With an Electribe S or a Yamaha SU700 or an AKAI MPC2000XL, you record sounds, sequence them, add effects and filters... pretty good. Many producers use them.

Hope this helps! Ask any question.
Hey almost forgot... WELCOME TO ONLINEDJ.COM! You are part of the family now :D

PRICE on RS7000?

As subject states.....any prices being bumped around for RS7000 at the moment?

1500-1800 US$ depending on the site
Those memory SIMM's should be standards right?
How much do such a 32 mb SIMM cost?

Nooooo! Not Simms!

Newbie at producing, Professional with computers, that's me. Simms are very expensive right now. They are like old school memory. The new kind of memory everyones computer has now is Dimms. The other day at work I had to order both simms and dimms. I couldn't believe it, 128Mb of dimm costs about $50 for decent quality, 2 32Mb simms cost around $180. If anyone cares to know, you only need one Dimm, with simms, you need a pair of the same. Don't ask me why the price difference is so steep. I do know that standard memory is still cheaper than proprietary so it's good in that perspective.

Back