What's the best synth 4 making deep bass

S

superflash

I wanna get a synth that can make angry distorted speaker shredding bass, deep warm sub-bass, warped funky bass and everything in-between. I also wanna have a full compliment of dark techno pads and leads, any ideas?

Dj Chriss said:
You want acoustic sounds also or just virtual analog?

just virtual analog but acoustic sounds as an extra would be nice

At the moment I'm thinking about the Novation SN 2, a Virus or a Clavia whats the best 4 me?

[Edited by superflash on 03-27-2001 at 07:54 PM]

The Nord Lead is not as Phatt. Very metallic sounds.

The SN 2 is the most powerfull, but also more expensive than a Virus.

The SN 2 can make practically any sound you want. Just a matter of learning the device.

Prophecy indeed if you also need acoustic sounding bass. Otherwise i would recommend the Waldorf Pulse. Be quick tho if you wanna buy the Pulse new since it's discontinued recently.

Well you have to decide do you want analog or digital ..
For speaker shredding bases and leads and warm pads,noisy fx,etc.. I will base it on price now
KAWAI K5000S $500
Roland Jupiter 8 $1300
Waldorf Q $1500
Sequential Prophet 5 $1200
Novation Supernova 1 $1100
Novation Supernova 2 $2000
Acess Virus $1500
Clavia Nord Lead 3 $1999
Roland Juno 60 $300
Waldorf Wave $4500
Waldorf XT $600
Arp 2600 $1500
Korg Wavestation $400
Korg Mono/Poly $450

Instead of buying synths for so much money just for certain sounds,Buy a good midi controller keboard or synth and buy a sound module and sampler and drum machine for the price of buying a supernova or access etc..To have everything in one will never be everything in one at the price level that synths cost now ..

If you want to check out Virus B patches and songs, then visit http://www.access-music.de

I ordered a Virus B last thursday to add Phat & synth sounds to my "orchestra".

Cheers,
Capricorn Productions

Here's my $0.02: if you have a pc, try d-lusion's Rubberduck. I've been using it now for a couple of months and it will make some of the scariest sounds you've ever heard. They market it as some kind of 303 clone, but it goes way, way beyond the realm of acid.

thanks fof all the info guys , i hope i can put it to good use

JP 8000, Yeah the Nice analoug Baby, SOme one had said RubberDuck from Dlusion, It's sure is a KIck ***, i also have it.Nice bass maker, MOre phatt , Funky and The speaker shattering. sound. but i more use the XP80, with expansion Boards, Xp80 ofr deep funky basses. and some really cool efx, Now, but i have a VIRUS B, trying to work on it .:cool:

$1000 answer

1. JV-1080 = $800.00 new.
2. Vintage Synth card = $200 new.

or for $800 get the JV-1080 and make your own bass sounds. It's got 4 part layering. In over words you can put 4 sounds in 1 then tweek it.:cool:

Last edited:
Bass? Studio Electronics SE-1 or ATC-1 for the classic Moog filter. Waldorf Pulse or Micro Q, (Pulse ia real analog, so its got a "push" to the sound that VA's Don't. The Micro Q is much more flexible, I own the Q Rack and it's excellent). Honestly you can get a decent bass sound out of any current VA, what you want to look for is a really good sounding LPF with snappy envelopes.

Mitch

Hey u own a Micro Q and i wanna take a Q synth, tell me how is it. I'am plannin for a Q synth, and a NORD 3 RACK or the Supernove II rack or Synth. please i need some advice.:cry:

Back