What is your favorite synth of all time?

The Korg M1 and Roland Juno 106
Juno106 Yes very nice. I prefer the 6 or 60 smoother sound the 106 is more raw but all very good
M1 not so sure I've still got my M1r and have the Korg M1 as plugins nice but over used presets in the 90s

What I have to say is My recent purchase of the Behringer Model D has changed my perpective.
Effectively a Minimoog for $300 can't go wrong.

What I have to say is My recent purchase of the Behringer Model D has changed my perpective.
Effectively a Minimoog for $300 can't go wrong.

Hello Lamster thanks for your reply.

I have not taken note of the Behringer Model D yet. Thanks for the tip this thing seems to be great, unbelievable. (According YouTube ;) )Especially for that price.

Can I use my AKAI MPK Mini controller for the Model D?

Best deepman

Hello Lamster thanks for your reply.

I have not taken note of the Behringer Model D yet. Thanks for the tip this thing seems to be great, unbelievable. (According YouTube ;) )Especially for that price.

Can I use my AKAI MPK Mini controller for the Model D?

Best deepman
Yes that will work any midi keyboard will.
The original Minimoog had 44 keys a 49 note KB would be more authentic
I need to Check out the Deepmind12 too.
Behringer have upped the ante with their new synths.
The Game is changing
"New Analogue" has the advantage of having the sound without the 30-40 yrs component wear
Modern control circuitry to contrl it a more memory slots and No silly prices for a piece of nostalgia

A Deepmind12 new for abot $1000 seems another potential Purchase
from what I have seen on YT its like a Juno 106 ++

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Regarding Behringer I must day the getting a bit loco at the moment but in a positive way. I am really looking forward to this clone here (and many more)

Best deepman

I'll expect to be assaulted over this since everyone seems to hate it for all the 80s pop music.

The DX-7 Mk1

It's a really really deep machine, I mean the fact it's digital but still has a huge sound presence and warmth is quite impressive. I get that people find it hard to program but there are a fair amount of editors for it now that visualise the settings and realistically I think Yamaha have simplified what is quite a complex process of carrier tone modulation with full enveloping.

You've only got to listen to Eno's ascent to hear the spectral crazyness that I think is a little bit ironed out on the later generations.

But then I also like the DJX PSR-D1, so I'll just wait to get flamed XD

Last edited:
I'll expect to be assaulted over this since everyone seems to hate it for all the 80s pop music.

The DX-7 Mk1

It's a really really deep machine, I mean the fact it's digital but still has a huge sound presence and warmth is quite impressive. I get that people find it hard to program but there are a fair amount of editors for it now that visualise the settings and realistically I think Yamaha have simplified what is quite a complex process of carrier tone modulation with full enveloping.

You've only got to listen to Eno's ascent to hear the spectral crazyness that I think is a little bit ironed out on the later generations.

But then I also like the DJX PSR-D1, so I'll just wait to get flamed XD

I had a book on Editingthe DX7 it was called "Wecome to DX ,and the best of luck mate!"

that I've ever gotten a chance to play is probably the Access Virus TI Polar. I remember playing one at the Guitar Center in Brea in around 2005ish. I heard the actual sound that Timbaland and Danja Handz used on the "My Love" song when I was messing around playing with that synthesizer. That's one deep, amazing synth, easily the best I've ever gotten to use.

It's the perfect combination of depth of programming, but easily accessible. So you could have some "happy accidents" from tweaking the knobs on it and seeing what you come up with. The sound is very warm or has a good analog like feel considering how high tech and expensive it is in comparison to other synths.

The best for just pure sound is probably the JUNO-60. Straight out of the keyboard with just some simple or basic studio monitors, it sounds really thick and fat. It epitomizes the "analog" sound of all of the synths I've ever been lucky enough to get my hands on. It probably started my whole gear lust for analog and my desire for warmth and that analog sound.

I like my Motif ES. It's very deep and I've learned a lot about it the more I use it. It's mostly menu diving, so navigating it and really knowing it, is kind of like a you get what you put into it sort of thing. But if you get the hang of it, it's pretty amazing. Seeing as how it's actually a workstation, the synthesizer portion is really really something else. The effects are some of the best I've heard. I've always heard stuff about the Roland effects, but I like the Motif's effects more for whatever reason.

I've got a V-Synth that I haven't even began to scratch the surface of, that's pretty damn good. It's got lots of knobs, but I'm kind of slacking on it for whatever reason. I'm hoping to get into it in the next couple of months when I pick up a few new pieces of equipment.

I never use Midi, so hopefully it will open up a new world of sonic possibilities once I get a chance to really get the two connected. I'm hoping to get that FL Fire soon, FL Fire is a godsend.

Uhh, more than anything I'm obsessed with the 80s sound. And I'm hoping to recreate or get some of that warmth or characteristic sound and somehow incorporate it into what I"m doing.

I got a vocoder, recently, but I haven't spent as much time using it yet. I'm so close though. I want a three-tier keyboard stand and to bring in my mixing board, so that my sound will finally thicken up and knock and be what I'm working towards.

I like synths.

I still own a Virus TI but have sold all my other hardware. My favourite synth is AVENGER! After that, the CS2x for its 100% dance cheesiness.

I still own a Virus TI but have sold all my other hardware. My favourite synth is AVENGER! After that, the CS2x for its 100% dance cheesiness.

the access virus ti is still the dopest synth I've ever gotten to play. i got a chance to mess with the andromeda a6, and the virus ti is still the most accessible and functional as far as ease of use and possibilities. i remember the feeling i had when i was at the guitar center. no one was really there, and it was just in the middle of the electronics pro audio section. and i seriously could have spent hours on that synth.

i always hear people use the bass on those moogs, and they always get that signature chunky, thick sound out of it. but for whatever reason I can never find it.

im still trying to learn how to program a proper bass patch. i also want to learn how to get into fm synthesis. that stuff is deep from what I understand.

i remember back in 2006 you could get a juno 60 for like 200 or 300 off of craigslist.
then they shot up to 700 a couple of years ago. and then recently i saw you can't get one for less than like 1800 bucks. that's crazy.

Back