What is your favorite synth of all time?

with so many to choose from...ummmmm
between korg ms20, virus ti and korg m3.
But there are so many to choose from!!!
reasons: I have owned them, and regret selling them lol

The Stuff I could afford at the time that i've still got and like.
Ensoniq EPS EPS16+
JD800
MS6
Kawai K3 , K1
Korg M1
Sy55.
Stuff I wish I still had
CS15 SX1000 Juno6 Pro1
stuff I should have avoided
D110,DX9 DX7 Siel EX80 akai SO1
Stuff I'd have to Kill for
Minimoog
OB8 OBXa
Prophet 5
Jupiter8

Now, this must sound stupid..
I love to play on my Ensoiq ESQ-1 from 1986. It´s my main midi synth wich i use mostly as an midi only. The sound are quite cheesy, but i have had mine for over 15 years and i can come up with quite decent sounds.. :)

Otherwise i must say the best synth of alltime are the Access Virus TI 2. There is a point where raw DSP power beats the analogue..

dansogold?!!!

man. i remember getting so mad at you about five years ago when i was asking questions about connecting my gear.

i learned so much from that exchange!!!

i always wonder how you're doing.

my favorite synths are the juno-60 and the access virus ti-polar.

the korg ms-20 is pretty deep too. as well as that super big oberheim they had in my electronic music class.

Now, this must sound stupid..
I love to play on my Ensoiq ESQ-1 from 1986. It´s my main midi synth wich i use mostly as an midi only. The sound are quite cheesy, but i have had mine for over 15 years and i can come up with quite decent sounds.. :)

Otherwise i must say the best synth of alltime are the Access Virus TI 2. There is a point where raw DSP power beats the analogue..
I had an ESQ-1 and used it mainly as a controller too great controller! I like it as a synth too once you wrap your head around how it functions it has a very soft mellow sound to it if you want to make some different kinds of sounds imo. There is a good plug in emulation of it too I forget where its at.

I have a couple of crazy synths and groove boxes that I miss that were fun and sounded great. The Mc 909, Fantom X and the Korg Microx and the Kaossilator because its just damn fun to play with I like wack sounds and am not a real synth purist per say. I have owned almost everything you could imagine, synths, grooveboxes lke the Roland Mc series, the Yamaha RM1X abd The Electribes. With so many types of synths and grooveboxes, its almost impossible to get the same answer from everyone.

My all time favourite is Minikorg 700s, and i`ve owned almost all analog synths there is. There is just something about that synth, woody, soft, aggressive, sweet - and very good looking

my eurorack modular. it can do most anything, eventually.

also fart noises. and bug noises.

bug fart noises... **** yah

I'm somewhat torn by both Roland 700 modular and the Roland Modular 100 series and the EMS VCS - I ahve used all three extensively in my late teens and early 20's, I do own a SH101 and am currently in the throes of designing some modules for my own frankenstein setup

I'm a moog man so I would obviously have to say the minimoog. However my sub phatty gets dangerously close for a fraction of the price.

Back