What is your favorite synth of all time?

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Memorymoog LAMM? Granted I only had my newly acquired (Mint) memorymoog for 3 days last week before shipping it off to Rudi for the LAMM upgrade, but WOW. Only 3 oscillators would tune, but the sound still melted my butt-hair off. I have played/owned a lot of synths, but nothing comes close to this. I assume it's so slept on because of the reliability issues, but add the LAMM upgrade and you have 18 stable oscillators and MIDI control of every parameter. An 18 oscillator, 6 voice polyphonic moog with that classic filter, modern day stability, with full MIDI? Can you really beat that? Worth the $6K.

What is the Roland synth that makes the amazing explosive white sound on Frankie Goes to Hollywood "RELAX"????
Oh God, that sound is so amazing, I think is a Jupiter, right???

FGTH used several Roland Jupiter-8 sounds in "Relax" (i.e. the noise explosions, strings, and funky leads).

Now that's a totally kick ass synth: JUPITER 8. They are so expensive and beatiful , if I could have the money, I would get it inmediatly.

my fave hardware synth that i own is probably my alpha juno or access virus, depending on what sound i want to create. Mind you, there are just so many good ones out there!!Would luv to get a MKS-80 super jupiter or a old skool minimoog !!

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

oh also TB303 4 acid bass!!sweet as a nut!!

I remember this thread like about 5 years ago.

most of the users who posted here are dead or in jail.

I don't have a favorite right now. I have a studio electronics ATC-X, and a Alesis Ion though. Both are great. The Ion has it all, but sometimes doesn't wow me for some reason. I need to dig deeper. I do like the Prophet 08 though!

jd 800 is a interesting one(Nice!!), though i prefer the jd 990 (them faithless/sash/future breeze arps are just a hint of what this beast can manage!!!!).Awesome!!Guess it's hard to specify one particular synth as there are so many good'uns!! :-)

Thats tough especially because I am finding a new found love for softsynths. I think out of everything Ive ever used probably the JP8080. I also liked the one time I played with a Juno 60. I want to get my hands on a Jupiter 6 but I cannot afford it. I also love Thor inside of Reason

Back