What is your all time favorite piece of gear that you got for less than $500

I'm a gear fiend...
Roland MV8000-$300(Resold for $1000 online)
Roland sp303 sampler-$55(still use)
Roland xp-80 keyboard-$125(Resold for 500)
Oxygen 8 v2- $30(still have)
Emu Mo Phat Rack-$65(still have)
Currently eyeing a roland SP555-$125

All virtually mint condition and Pawnshop deals

I'm a gear fiend...
Roland MV8000-$300(Resold for $1000 online)
Roland sp303 sampler-$55(still use)
Roland xp-80 keyboard-$125(Resold for 500)
Oxygen 8 v2- $30(still have)
Emu Mo Phat Rack-$65(still have)
Currently eyeing a roland SP555-$125

All virtually mint condition and Pawnshop deals

Damn what a steal. Especially the MV, 303, and Mo Phatt.

My contribution.
My unibody Macbook? $120

Got a MPC 1000 for $375 LOL

BTW I didn't know the 808 was worth so much.. we have one sitting in the pawn show that's been here for like 6 months. I am going to go see if it's still there today when they open around 9AM. Anybody interested in one?

Got a MPC 1000 for $375 LOL

BTW I didn't know the 808 was worth so much.. we have one sitting in the pawn show that's been here for like 6 months. I am going to go see if it's still there today when they open around 9AM. Anybody interested in one?

Yeah, if you get it let me know? I would love to have another one! Just PM me when you find out?

ONE

EMU MP-7 Command Station $175 perfect condition
2 Technique 1210's $450 perfect condition (had'em since '96)

LevLove

If I would have had a little more money yesterday I could have had a Mo Phatt for $140. I'm so sad I wasn't able to get it. Ha ha.

The only thing I bought that even cost less than that was my first piece. A little portable Yamaha QY-10 sequencer. Nifty little thing, I gave it to my (ex)girlfriend, she had fun with it.

Soon I should be getting an MP-7 and an MPC-2000 to "have". Pretty much they are sitting around collecting dust at friends' places, both don't do anything with music anymore. So until they decide to sell them or something, they will be mine to play around with. Although my fusion + MacBookPro setup is all I need. I'll probably play with the MPC and Command Station just to see what they are all about. Never used either.

CoSign,

I had a QY-70 after seeing my friends QY22, I did a crazy amount of tracks on that thing with nothing else except a mic. Sturdy, functional, super portable.

Yo I just thought of one more for me:

Back in like 2000, I copped a TR-808 at a Garage Sale and got that ish for $150! It worked but was kinda fu(ked up! I spent $300 restoring it and (OK here is the worst thing I have ever done) I sold that ish for $1000! A good profit but I should have kept it! At the time, I needed a new Computer and was broke, so I made a terrible mistake!

ONE

That's an interesting story. I have 2 808s right now (one with MIDI and one MIDIless) both in great working condition. Scored a heck of a deal on the first one (the MIDIless one) as it had a minor problem with it. I had it repaired and it works perfect now with total cost of the 808 including repairs for under $600. That was back in late 2005/early 2006. Now that I have a second one with MIDI (scored it back in late 2007 for under $1500 total).

Both units are nice. So here's my current situation. I got 2 808s. I'm broke, and I need a serious computer audio interface upgrade for my studio. I was (and still am) thinking about sampling the heck out of one of my 808s (the original MIDIless one) and putting that joint on ebay considering how much I could get for each one of these units now. However, after reading this post, I believe I better think twice and hold off on the interface for now because I don't want to sell an 808 and kick my own a** later wishing I hadn't!!!!!!!! Digital computer crap gets obsolete and depreciates quickly. TR808s on the other hand appreciate in value. Considering how much 808s are going for on ebay these days, I'm glad I got mine when I could because I definitely couldn't afford one now. Yeah, I better hold on to these babies!!!!!!!!! I think the current rise and popularity of dirty south rap brought about increase in value of the 808s over the past few years.

Since I'm still broke and need an audio interface upgrade to improve my mixing and production quality, I guess I better sell some beats or something!!!!!!

Bad economy. Hard times, or as they say "good times."

As far as the topic of this thread goes, I'd say the EMU-MP7, Yamaha RM1x, Alesis QS6.2, Novation Drumstation, and Roland R8 module are nice pieces. Same goes for my EMU E4XT Ultra. All six of which I got for under $500 each. Oh yeah, and my Yamaha QY100 which I miss. That was a nice lil' toy. Sometimes I wish I still had it.

Last edited:
Rhodes and Wurlitzer

I scored both of these for a little under $500 a piece. One of the best music purchases of my LIFE! LOL...

Back