What is best techno/trance synth under $500?

D

DJstubbs

I need to buy a synth for creating and remixing trance/techno, I want to know what is the best one that is under $500!!!!!!!!!

Is that your absolute $$ maximum ?

'Cause I'm afraid you will not find any synth below that price. (*)

The K-station from Novation is a little more (about $ 700), but then you still don't have a sequenser, and it's also not a "remixing" synth. Or do you already own a sequenser (like Cubase or other recording software) ? And do you have already a MIDI keyboard ?

It would be easier to help if you gave any more information.

(*) You can always go check eBay for 2nd hand gear; there are very often real bargains there; a Roland Juno 106 is a decent synth, but without sequenser / arpeggiator / fx and "remixing" capacities.

The best all-in-one are:
* Reason (only software but with sequenser, fx, sampler, synth, remixing capities); that's less than $500
* Akai MPC2000 / MPC3000: but then you have to save much more money, sorry... ; $2000-3000

Peace !! :cheers:

Last edited:
dude,

Who really needs expensive hardware synths? I own most of the best (VIRUS,NORD,K2600,TRITON, etc)
However, Spend the money on a REALLY good sound card, get a Mac G4 and use Softsynths. I realize this is more than $500.

But trust me Theres plenty of GOOD software out there to use : anything from NativeInstruments.com (Absynth,FM7,Pro-52,REAKTOR). Also Waldorf makes some cool stuff(Attack,PPG). And if you can handle the learning curve LOGIC AUDIO, & the EXS24 kick much ***!!!.

Good luck
Jeremy :monkey:

Last edited:
Back