Waldrof Q Rack Or Virus Indigo?

Waldrof Q Rack Or Virus Indigo?

• waldrof Q rack

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • virus indigo or kb

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
Virus all the way. I have a "b" and I love it.
It has been almost 2 years now and I've never had any regret or problem. Deep sound, rich, great polyphony (witht he latest software update: 24!), true multitimbrality (16 separate channels with a dif. instrument on each), great response... what else can I say :)

the Q is probably nice too, but I love my virus so I voted.

SNII! hehe.
I voted for the Q for once, since I don't know what you wan't to use it for and I really like the idea of the unison mode.
If you wan't more overall performance, the Virus is the best choice.

BTW, did you know:
The Supernova II has a 40 band vocoder! Damn!!

I own a virus b and it also has unison mode. In fact you can crank the unison up to 16 if you like and use 16 different voices to drive the same patch. Talk about a fat sound!

peace,

Str8UP

str8up said:
I own a virus b and it also has unison mode. In fact you can crank the unison up to 16 if you like and use 16 different voices to drive the same patch. Talk about a fat sound!
Str8UP

But the waldorf doesn't use it the same way as the virus. The waldorf redirects each voice and split them into 5 voices. Then you can detune each of those 5 new voices. Neat, but it doesn't sound quite as good as regular unison.

Q-rack

I have a Q-rack and it's IMO the best VA-synthesizer so far with almost unlimited sonic possibilities.

The virus B is one of the most popular VA-synths probably since it contains alot of good presets that the Q (not currently) have.

My opinion is that if you know how to create sounds and want to explore new dimentions the go for the Q-rack (it has a really good step seq also).

If you want to quickly start making music with your new synth and don't want to experiment and fiddling with stuff like fm and modifiers the virus B is for you.

Remember also that the soundcharacter is different for these two monsters. It all depends on what kind of music you make.

Also the Q can only have fx on the 4 first instruments of a multi while the virus b can have fx on all parts... but the we have the discussion on how good the fx are and I claim the Q to have better!

The Q isn't finished yet, OS 3.0 will be released probably next week adding lots of features like new reverb and so... waldorf will continue developing it and ading user wanted features for a long time.

So... don't read the specs of the machines... donload the demo mp3s to get a picture of the soundcharacter... the try them out! Tweak the knobs and don't let any "impressive store presets" fool you...

My advice is the Q but it's up to you :)

Best Wishes!

Johan Spång

???

i own both depends on what type of music u are doing and what sounds best to u ..... they both are great synths

both excellent synths from 2 of the best companies in the music industry. They both have strong support as far as OS upgrades and both have large user communities with very active mailing lists for user to user support.

As far as sound is concerned I will agree with the above poster that it is a matter of taste. These are both very versatile synths but each has distinct character.

My best advice is to get to a store that has them both on display and try them out.

I do prefer the Q though to answer your question.

enjoy whichever you choose!

Back