The Virus legend, read this

mano 1

Founder
Staff member
This is very interesting. I am a very proud and happy owner of a Virus B. This synthesizer is one of these "simulated analog". Yesterday I talked to someone who knows a lot about the field and the equipment and he told me that MANY, but MANY people are buying the synthesizer, either new or second hand, and it is starting to become a legend, just like other synths did before: DX7, TB303, TR909, KORG MS10 - 20, Roland D50... you know.. the "usual" stuff

I just wanted to post this as I think it is true.. more and more people are jumping on this synth. I personally love it. The sound is deep, strong, rich, the latest OS update gives you 24 voices of polyphony, and it's fully multitimbral (16 parts/channels/instruments).

hehe

I think the sound of the virus is a little better than the SuperNova II. But I think the Nova's interface is much better. I don't know why. everything just falls rigth into my hands.

yeah.. and the access people are very good programmers, they know their machine really well, because the virus B is jumping from 12 to 24 voices of polyphony... just because they made a new version of the OS (operating system you can upgrade) its quite amazing.

I love the sound of my virus.

hey mano tell me one thing, what does and OCILLAtor mean, what is it use. pleae tell me these term.

OSCILLATOR?

It is a circuit that generates a vibration (called wave), so big that human can hear it. There are several "shapes", such as square, sine, sawtooth, etc.. sounding different.

why not posting a new thread by the way? this is not really a virus-only question.

this ain't a question, more a comment - we can't get 'em over in Australia, the supplier is wonky. But i bet there would be some choice second hand bargains around.
Hmmm...
Hm.
I like the Access made sound on one of your dnbas music toys, it is a sound you named "oxygen" i think. Ultra far out tasty.

viruskb or supernovaII

does the virus have polyphonic glide/portamento? does it recieve aftertouch midi data? key or channel?

Jiten said:
... are u telling me to start a new thread on the ocs.

I didnt give you a formal order, but i meant "feel free" to do so. oscillators are on most synthesizers so its very general

Re: viruskb or supernovaII

amanda1 said:
does the virus have polyphonic glide/portamento? does it recieve aftertouch midi data? key or channel?

It has 24 voices of polyphony if you upgrade to the latest OS (4.02). I am not sure if it does receive aftertouch or not. Channel, yes, it has 16 independent channels (100% multitimbral).

Amanda1 meant, whether the Portamento function is restricted to mono parts or if it goes with a poly part too.

Back