Virus C

passionmax

Hi,
I am interested in buying the virus c. it sounds great. I already own a Microwave XT, Waldorf Q, Supernova, Audity2000,Extreme lead, korg Z1, reason 2.0 and Dynamo & Pro-52

Bascially Is there any point in buying the Virus C or Is it redundent. I would like it if it is unique. but it sounds simlar to what I have I'd rather save my money
thanks

passionmax said:
Hi,
I am interested in buying the virus c. it sounds great. I already own a Microwave XT, Waldorf Q, Supernova, Audity2000,Extreme lead, korg Z1, reason 2.0 and Dynamo & Pro-52

Bascially Is there any point in buying the Virus C or Is it redundent. I would like it if it is unique. but it sounds simlar to what I have I'd rather save my money
thanks

I can't believe you've fully explored what you've got -- the XT and the Q and the Nova are all incredibly deep synths with years of mileage to get from them.

That being said, with the synths you've got I'd recommend adding in a real analog beast to your toolchest. Juno 106 or a Roland SH-101 or something along those lines. You'll get an intangible "more" out of them due to their truly analog design.

I agree !
i also plan to get a real analog one!

if u want to get a 'C', in my opinion it's better to sell the supernova

i also have to agree with the statements above ... i've had my z1 for over 2 years now and haven't moved too far beyond the standard osc w/ various modulation sources ... buying more and more gear accomplishes nothing unless you have really explored (which in itself is a highly unlikely task) each piece of gear you already own ...

that being said ... if you really want to buy a new piece of gear ... i still vote for the juno60 over the 106 ... you can get a midi -> dcb shipped to you door for $110 US, contact me if you need one ... or an sh-101, pro-one, mc-202 ... go analog as you seem to have enough va gear ...

also ... what are you looking for w/ getting the new virus? ... maybe if you gave us a better idea of what kind of sounds you were looking for we could be more helpful ...

peace

I have both an SH-101 and a Juno 106, and personally I think the 106 sounds way better than the 101. In fact, I think the Juno 106 is one of the best synth I've ever heard in terms of sound quality. Don't get me wrong, I love the virus and all those other synths, it's just that the 106 sound so powerful relative to everything else. Plus the 106 has pretty advanced MIDI implementation. why would you bother messing around with a converter like you would for the Juno 60.

Fumbling on Ecstacy said:
I have both an SH-101 and a Juno 106, and personally I think the 106 sounds way better than the 101. In fact, I think the Juno 106 is one of the best synth I've ever heard in terms of sound quality. Don't get me wrong, I love the virus and all those other synths, it's just that the 106 sound so powerful relative to everything else. Plus the 106 has pretty advanced MIDI implementation. why would you bother messing around with a converter like you would for the Juno 60.

Yeah man, but you can TOTALLY wear that 101 like a geeeeeEE-tar, yo, and be fly like Devo.

Seriously hot shiz. Talk about chick magnet. That and a nice mullet and you're rollin' yard. :p

blackmagic,
Funny you should post. i'm currently aspiring to grow a super mullet. In two years, i'll have the dopest mullet this planet has ever seen.

Fumbling on Ecstacy said:
blackmagic,
Funny you should post. i'm currently aspiring to grow a super mullet. In two years, i'll have the dopest mullet this planet has ever seen.

Lookin' forward to seeing you on mulletsgalore.com. ;-]

Back