VA synth on the MPC-5000

dirtymike

Dirteezie - 4 Feezie
Let me start by saying “I've never been an MPC type of producer” but I've always been a drum computer lover. The MPC-603000 and SP-1200 were cool but I need a synthesizer or tone generator to truly feel comfortable with a piece of gear because I don’t sample that much. Drum machines like the XL-7 and RS7000 were more my type. But finally I think I’m read to do the MPC thing with the 5000. The Linndrum II looks tight also but the 5000’s really do’n a job on my gearlust…

Has anyone had a look at the VA engine on this thing yet and know when dose it coming out?

This is all I can get...

64-voice drum/phrase sampler with 64MB memory built-in. Expandable up to 192MB RAM
Three-oscillator virtual analog synth engine with built-in arpeggiator
Over 300 Virtual Analog synth presets included
Eight tracks of Direct-to-Hard Disk recording
Over 40 all new effects available within a modular 4-bus effects processor
Master compressor and equalizer
Built-in hard disk drive
Optional CD-R/DVD drive
USB 2.0 port for computer connectivity
CF Type-2 card slot (up to 2GB)
Chop-Shop 2.0 - slices a stereo loop into individual samples with automatic pad assignment
Patched Phrases - creates multiple splits in looped samples to ensure proper tempo sync without changing pitch
Continuous Sample Track - ensures samples play in perfect sync no matter where you start the beat in a loop
12 Q-link controllers for internal automation, external MIDI control and quick parameter editing
240 x 128 hinged backlit LCD
10 built-in analog outputs, plus 8 ADAT-optical outputs and stereo S/PDIF IO
Powerful new multimode filter
Two MIDI inputs and Four MIDI outputs
Turntable phono inputs with RIAA pre-amp
XLR / 1/4" combo jacks with selectable mic/line levels
Sample library provided by Loopmasters.com

Last edited:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/NnbluBwE_aw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/NnbluBwE_aw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

From what I understood, the VA engine on the MPC5000 is derived from the Alesis Fusion, which in turn is a subset of the Ion engine. Other features from the Fusion, such as hard disk recording, have also found their way onto the MPC5000.

Looks dope, on paper. I'll have to try it for myself to decide. The features, remind me of the MC-909 with that synth. I wonder if that usb port does audio and midi over it (like the SP-555) or if you still a midi/usb interface and a place to run your audio to?
LevLove

Array said:
From what I understood, the VA engine on the MPC5000 is derived from the Alesis Fusion, which in turn is a subset of the Ion engine. Other features from the Fusion, such as hard disk recording, have also found their way onto the MPC5000.

Wwhhaatt? Did I miss something? Dose Numark own Alesis too?

Tron said:
Wwhhaatt? Did I miss something? Dose Numark own Alesis too?

Yah, since 2000 or so. R&D for the Andromeda made the company go bankrupt, so Numark bought them out and brought the Andromeda to the market. They cut couple of versions of it though, namely the Andromeda rack and Andromeda cocktail version, which was a 3-octave, 8 voice, Andromeda.

Back