using digidesign's command 8 with logic studio

Dro009

Keepin it Right!
I just got logic studio 8 but my original set up is with protools (002 rack and command 8 controller). I know command 8 has a stand-alone feature but, can I use it to control logic also or should I sell it and get a m-audio project mix or a mackie universal pro controller? I want to learn Logic but I still want to keep my original Pro tools set up. If this is possible what do I have to do to enable the command 8 within Logic 8?

Hi Dro009!
I have had the same "problem". I've used the exact same as you(002 rack and command8 with Pro Tools). I changed to Logic Pro 8 some months ago, and found it to be more fit for what I'm doing. Have you found an answer? i would really like to know if it's possible.

Stiian

You can use it at a standard MIDI controller in Stand-Alone mode with other DAWs. But you cannot use the Command|8 as a HUI device with any other application.

Awesome, thanks. Never saw that button.
But all I can do now, is change the volume and pan ONLY on the selected track IN logic pro. I can't separate or tell it that track 1 in Logic = track 1 on Command|8, and Track 2 = track 2 etc? When i pressed Stand Alone, a white stripe appeard behind the first eight tracks IN logic pro, so it obviously understood what I did..

Awesome, thanks. Never saw that button.
But all I can do now, is change the volume and pan ONLY on the selected track IN logic pro. I can't separate or tell it that track 1 in Logic = track 1 on Command|8, and Track 2 = track 2 etc? When i pressed Stand Alone, a white stripe appeard behind the first eight tracks IN logic pro, so it obviously understood what I did..

I've never used Logic, but I have had my Command|8 set up with Sonar. Its all MIDI mapping. You have to tell the DAW that this fader or knob controls this parameter. I think the Command|8 gives you 16 controls in Stand Alone mode; can't remember exactly, but I think you switch between them with the Bank button (On and Off).

Back