Is there any reason NOT to buy a Fantom-S??

C

cortez1

I wanna produce hiphop and am looking for a complete workstation and this thing seems to have virtually everything!
Has anybody used one yet or have any compelling arguments to NOT buy one?

thx for your feedback,
a

nope all in personal preference, whether it's the fantom, the motif, or the triton just to name a few....but i'm partial to the motif but i'm looking into getting the roland jv 5080 sound module cause i heard the fantom also and it has some nice sounds...:)

I can think of a reason not to get a Fantom-S........................................... in fact i can think of two thousand and ninty-nine reasons. LOL Fantom S

.....but I still want one tho.....

LMAO!!!!

that was a good one.....yeah a lil pricey but so is the triton studio, that's why i say go with racks and modules....;)

I played with the Fantom and loved it. I played with the Motif and loved it more. The instruments are higher quality in the Mofit IMHO. Especially the stereo you get in the instruments!

The versitility of the sliders is another big plus. You might get more bang for your buck with the Motif. Spend some more time playin' with them.

shreveaudio.com

go there, get the number, and call. you can get the fantom s 61 key for $1799.

there is no reason to not get it, except for your personal tastes. the triton doesnt compare to be honest and from this website you get everything way lower than anyone else will sell them for.

i have a motif rack which is very good, actually the best stock sound out there right now without the hassle of tritons making you write a program for a full sound...... .

try them both out wherever you can, heck try out the triton while your at it. a lot of people do like them, so its really a matter of your taste.... fantom or moif, thats all there is. kurzweil's are nice but as we all know the $$$$ is high plus they arent quite as user freindly and not really geared towards hip hop, and so it would suffer a bit there.

Here are some reasons either way.

Reasons to get it.
1. It can do everything.
2. Practical for live use via sampling pad as well as keys.
3. Good sounds and easy programming
4. Easiest way to incorporate sampling into sequencing the on-board sounds into patterns and songs.

Reasons to not get it.
1. It can do everything, but only has four outputs to split 16 tracks and 64 voice poly....

2. If you know music but can't play a piano as well as you can compose on one, why do you need the 61 or 88 keys?

3. For the same money you can get a Emu mp-7 (6 outs) , a couple of roms for it, and a MPC 2000 xl studio (8 outs), or an aki z4 with the 8 out exp. and trigger it with the MP-7 pads and sequence the samples via the MP-7. Outputs is important if you want to record or play live. And remember...DEDICATED GEAR BEATS ALL-IN-ONE GEAR EVERY TIME.
Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Back