Synths

The SNII rack is just about the most powerfull synth you can find. It also have one of, if not the best, vocoders out there. An insane 40 bands.
The screen can also be turned into a 40 band frequency analyzer... man that's cool.
The SNII frequency range is also as high as 21khz because of the higly controlled oscillators. This exceeds even analogue synth in clarity and warmth, although not in dynamics, which is the force of analogue.

It gives you up to 6 sawtooths per voise and heaps of modulation so when you've spend some months on the bastard you'll be able to get allmost whatever sound from it you want.

I have a SNI btw. I've not yet tried to make brass sounds on it yet but let's see if it's not possible. I bet it is.

Last edited:
If that u would be your choice.. itll be mine too..

thanx for the discription man.
ill have too wait a while longer cause its f***** expencive!!!:D :D

Maybe ill look for a second hand one.

hmz.. seems likes everyone will get a supernova2 here :) haha damn it rocks ! :) hey Liet, why don't you try to get a job at novation you sure know alot of the supernova ;)

Rick: Just for the record. Those tunes aren't made on the supernova. The supernova got a way way superior sound.

I think my wife will leave me soon...
My life has changed since I've got my SNII.
PURE SOUNDS, PURE PLEASURE !!

Pier ;)

I want one
I want one
I want one
:cry: :cry: :cry:

It isn't like that, i mean i just hang around with my yamaha rs7000. :D

But probably one of the best synths is the SNII or the
Korg Triton...
Listen to Faithless:We come on, it was made on a Triton!

U can always compare them and you'll always find different synths, so just check out them all in a local store. They'll sure let you, or not: like in the most stores here!!!

Cheers

Is this good???:

I own a RS7000.

I want to buy a Virus b and a Yamaha CBXK2 49-Key, MIDI Keyboard Controller

and hook it up to my RS7000...
Or is there a better possability??

Rick

I wouldn't go for a Virus B just yet Rick, learn how to manipulate the sounds 'fully' in the RS7000 first.
The words 'don't walk before you can run' instantly spring to mind.

Did you download any of the patterns i told you about a few weeks back, these will help you a lot to learn how sound creation/manipulation works. Just load them up and scan through the parameters to see what changes were made.

As for the controller KB, Yamaha's is ok but i have heard a few bad reviews.
Have a look at the Evolution stuff, i use an MK149 which suits my needs no end and best of all it's cheap.
Don't think about the Roland one's either they're overpriced crap in my eyes (ok not crap, but...).

Rich.

yeah. don't even think of buying yamaha or roland midi keyboards!!! You can get kewl kewl controllers for less than 200$

Of course... ill first learn the RS7000... then buy the rest... (if i can wait??? thats another question!!)

Ok.... Sorry DyeOne but im pretty dumb...

I couldnt find any patterns to the rs7000...
where can i download them???
i got the rs7000 since about 4 days....
i touched first all knobs... then hooked it up... tried some stuff but i couldn't create anything good yet...

bout the patterns can u help me?

thx a lot...

Rick

I assume the RS7000 should be able to read the files which were used by the RM1x (somebody correct me if i'm wrong). These files can be downloaded from all over the web, but try here for a start;

www.markarber.com
.r1p = pattern files
.r1s = song files

If this isn't the case then there must be a site somewhere up on the web by now with RS7000 format files which work in the same way.

Did you get any demo disks with the RS7000, if yes what format are the files ?

It might me worth loading those up anyway even if you don't like the songs. What you can do is mute the tracks and listen to what has been done to the voices and then compare it to the dry/untouched voices stored in the rs7000's synth engine.

Hope this helps.

Rich.

Thanx man... i download the stuff as soon as i can...
and try them out....

i think the rm1x sound work... well i hope :)

ill just post another somethin if theres a problem with the rs7000...

Thanx

Rick

Thanx man... i download the stuff as soon as i can...
and try them out....

i think the rm1x sound work... well i hope :)

ill just post another somethin if theres a problem with the rs7000...

Thanx

Rick :monkey:

If they don't work drop me an e-mail and i'll see if i can get something sorted.

Take it easy.

Rich.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back