Synthesizer?

KSJ

I want to learn how to use the synthesizer so I can remix songs. What is a good synthesizer for beginners? I will be using it on a mac and alongside a Akai MPD 32.

I am also looking for tutorials...

Those are more romplers and workstations, synths let you design and create sounds using oscillators

Well I narrowed to it down to the yamaha motif or the roland fantom G6

Which one should I get? I will using it to remix songs

the motif or the fantom are not exactly beginners boards. you cant go wrong with either of those two. if your doing hip hop, house, or techno music then go with the fantom g. if your looking to do r&b, pop, jazz, blues, classical, or rock then go with the motif

the motif or the fantom are not exactly beginners boards. you cant go wrong with either of those two. if your doing hip hop, house, or techno music then go with the fantom g. if your looking to do r&b, pop, jazz, blues, classical, or rock then go with the motif

I just don't want to waste my money

I think I will go with the fantom g or the korg m3

Also do you need to know how to play the piano to use a synth?

Last edited:

learning the fundamentals of piano will definatly help your muisc career, but its not necessary to play a synth.

some people just have the passion to produce music, others just have the God given ability, and others just practice till they get it perfect.

my adivce is read and learn all you can about music, take a class learn piano, guitar, trumpet or whatever instrument you interested in. also stay up on the tech side of music: daw's, hardware, software, and midi because music production and the way music is being produced is forever changing.

What do you mean?

I'm just wondering why do you think you need a synth/workstation to remix anything. Not that it wouldn't be useful, but the way you put it sounds like at least your idea of remixing is somewhat different than mine.

Slow your roll... I don't think you know enough about Boards to make a Educated decision... I would suggest you get a used Juno G or MPC and a basic piano, synth, sampler tutorial and see where that takes you.

If you have a PC, don't be scared of the name, buy Fruity Loops...

Back