Synther suggestions.

B

Bjarni88

I'm looking to buy a synther to create trance and house music, I'm just wondering if you have some ideas what I should get? My cash limit is around 1000 dollars.thx

Yep, I knew that ... just never heard that term before. Is that some Euro thing or what?

Access Virus B or C modules.
Or Access Virus KB or KC if you (probably) need the keyboard version.

Another suggestion: Roland JP-8000 (keyboard, no vocoder) or JP-8080 (rack module, incl. very good vocoder).

All are between $500 and $1000 on Ebay.

I was actually going to buy the access virus kc, The problem was that there were many fault's with this unit.

Alot of people suggested it was a faulty unit and if you got a good one, then keep it.

I've heard stories where the screen would die out, after an O.S update the sounds wouldnt play anymore, after the O.S update the board wouldn't turn on.

For a board to do that to you Brand new, I was reluctant to buy a a second had used one.

Maybe you can try out a fusion or micron. Both under 1k. or get both. Prices have dropped. Micron's very heavy sounding and the fusion has nice textures but not as rough. It's more smooth.

PS: I own both of them.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
skillz said:
I was actually going to buy the access virus kc, The problem was that there were many fault's with this unit.

Alot of people suggested it was a faulty unit and if you got a good one, then keep it.

I've heard stories where the screen would die out, after an O.S update the sounds wouldnt play anymore, after the O.S update the board wouldn't turn on.

For a board to do that to you Brand new, I was reluctant to buy a a second had used one.

Maybe you can try out a fusion or micron. Both under 1k. or get both. Prices have dropped. Micron's very heavy sounding and the fusion has nice textures but not as rough. It's more smooth.

PS: I own both of them.

Good Luck.

I've never heard of a single issue with the Virus C line of synths :bigeyes:

Some of the early TI units had some problems, but I think all of those have been ironed out via OS updates.

Vhz said:
do you call guitar: guitarer ?

Gitter.

Last edited:
I've heard quite a bit of complaints about the keybeds of the Virus keyboard versions, not the actualy synth itself.

Back