Suitcase Rhodes

TWJMusic

Greetings:

I'm looking for a nice effects pedal primarily to simulate the vibrato effect of a Suitcase Rhodes.

Anyone familiar with either the Carl Martin Tremo-Vibe, or the Eventide MODFactor pedals? Or any other suggestions? Thanks.

the rhodes tremolo isnt really that special, i think most trem pedals will get you where you want to go. the modfactor would be great for that im sure, but even the timefactor will do some vibrato stuff.

i personally like the EH memory man on suitcase rhodes, the vibrato on that pedal is very different from the onboard tremolo - but if you dont have a rhodes, a vibrato effect will do that fine.

do you want this to go on rhodes-type tones, or just synths and stuff? if you put trem on a synth, it will just sound like trem on a synth...

Thanks for the reply. I actually wanted to use it for my Mark I, and my Nord Electro. The Electro's tremolo doesn't do it for me. ALSO, I saw a suitcase rhodes for dirt cheap, minus the speakers(argh). Can you record the tremolo effect from the suitcase without mic'ing the speakers? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I actually wanted to use it for my Mark I, and my Nord Electro. The Electro's tremolo doesn't do it for me. ALSO, I saw a suitcase rhodes for dirt cheap, minus the speakers(argh). Can you record the tremolo effect from the suitcase without mic'ing the speakers? Thanks.

yup, you have to have a preamp for the output of the keyboard. the tremolo electronics are in the keyboard, as are the eq controls if yours (or what _should_ be yours) has those.

the speakers really are the **** though, i highly recommend them if you can find the bottom part seperately someday. but yeah, if you can just get the top, that would be a great start. i'd rather have suitcase, especially mk2 or 3 over any of the stage models, including the current ones.

what are you using for amplification? going direct?

if you need help fixing it up, post up here on the forum. i have fixed many a rhodes in my day, they're really simple to work on.

we need more electric piano talk on this forum :cheers:

Last edited:
Back