Smartmedia cards for the JP-8080...

Northern_Fist

Doesn't look like those 4-meg smart-cards are in business anymore... but it sure would be handy to grab a card to save my patches on. It seems that I can't even find one off of ebay...

I bought two of these last year and it works perfectly: FujiFilm MG-4 (4MB-5 SmartMedia card).

Can't find the mails... :(

Well maybe you'd contact the Roland support service and ask if any 2- and 4-MB SmartMedia card would work with the JP-8080...

I was searching for these a few years back and they were hard to find then. There actually were a lot of 2/4MB cards, but they were the wrong voltage. Do not get a 3.3 volt card, it will not work! I bought some by accident and found out for sure. I ended up finding one on ebay (had a watch set up to look for it) from some odd dealer in japan for a reasonable price. That is probably your best bet because you are either going to need to find a rare used one or some place that has old stock laying around.

Sorry to resurrect this thread...

If 3.3V won't work... what will?

And second... what's the factory reset on it?

Finally... I discovered that there's a Panasonic... somewhat universal card...

It's a "PCMCIA Type II shape"...
+
Complies with ATA Memory Device standards.
Suited ONLY for 2/4/8MB 3.3 Volt or 5 Volt SmartMedia.

Would that work??

Last edited:
Maybe I found one for you from a Dutch guy - I'll let you know today or at last tomorrow.

I'm also interested in getting some of these cards. I'm in US, but I don't care where the source is if it's a reasonable price. I was considering modding my jp8080 so that it will work with 3.3v cards, but I'd rather not attempt this.

Look up old Apple Digital camera's. I got my 2 meg card for my JP-8080 for $12 with shipping.

Generly if you look for 5v smartmedia it comes up with a list of like 7 things that use them. Ebay the non MI stuff and buy them with cards...

kaz

Try going to pawn shops and looking for old digital cameras and roland samplers as I believe they also used the 5v cards.

Back