sidstation!? users or comments?????

yeaaahhhh!!!

This little piece of machinery kicks some fat arses!!

The sound is the most unique on the planet, it can sound cheesy-videogame-style, and it can sound phat like not many synths out there. And it does it in monophonic mode!!! IT'S A KILLER!!!
The only bad thing that happened is that all the patch memory just died few times, when it was put in midi setup. But, this problem seems to be gone now.
Well, this is it in short.

Peace.

SidStation... *sigh* I wish I had one SOOO badly!
One day, maybe one day.... sooooooooo expensive bit of kit! :cry:

Is it still available? Cos' there is a limited amount of sidchip available, ya know...

Pretty irrelevent to the subject tho, but I had to whine a little bit!

M2: Is quadrasid standalone, too? i don't think so, but it is still permited to phantasize!

Last question: does anybody know any record that use the sidstation? Just curious to hear it in action!

VCO said:
Last question: does anybody know any record that use the sidstation? Just curious to hear it in action!

"Hey Girl Hey Boy", and "Music: Response" by the Chemical Brothers. I wouldn't be surprised if Ladytron are using one aswell.

I love my sidstation. A little-known feature (for those who don't own one) is it's ability to build sequences within a patch. You can have a single note trigger run a tightly controlled sequence of parameter changes for a single osc (there are three oscs per patch, enough for simple triads).

That QuadraSID plugin is alright, but I can tell the difference between it and my sidstation with little effort.

Cheers,

Damon

Back